P500 Anyone still have thier old Hondas?

Chisholm

Chisholm

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas
Ownership

1. 500
Screenshot 20161016 131439

It was rode hard by myself and my two sons. Never once broke down and has always fired right up. I hope my p5 has that kind of quality built into it.

Reactions: JTW and Dp5hunter
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah.. I don't need to tell you that sticking your pecker in an electric outlet is a bad idea though. Fact is the 3 wheelers were damn good machines if you knew how to ride one and what their capabilities and weaknesses were.

I also grew up on three wheelers. Still today I can ride a side wheelie a country mile and I think it's cause i honed those skills at an early age with 3 wheels.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah.. I don't need to tell you that sticking your pecker in an electric outlet is a bad idea though. Fact is the 3 wheelers were damn good machines if you knew how to ride one and what their capabilities and weaknesses were.
The point being had you been willing to read the reports, many children were hurt and killed on them before they could learn the skill. You may mock that all you wish, but they are still suffering or gone, and a decision was made above your level to remove them from production. That's why you can't buy a new three wheeler today, just like you can't buy asbestos siding today that everybody thought was the s***, back in the day. There will always be the responsible people, and the others.

J

JTW

The point being had you been willing to read the reports, many children were hurt and killed on them before they could learn the skill. You may mock that all you wish, but they are still suffering or gone, and a decision was made above your level to remove them from production. That's why you can't buy a new three wheeler today, just like you can't buy asbestos siding today that everybody thought was the s***, back in the day. There will always be the responsible people, and the others.
Kids get killed in car wreaks at a much more alarming rate.. yet you're not walking to work. I don't believe it's the governments business to tell me what I or my kids can ride. Three wheelers are NO MORE dangerous than dirt bikes or 4 wheelers when driven with some sense. It's the parents responsiblity to teach good judgment. It's absurd to blame objects for what people do with them.

Reactions: AKRider
J

JTW

I also grew up on three wheelers. Still today I can ride a side wheelie a country mile and I think it's cause i honed those skills at an early age with 3 wheels.
Yup.. but there are those that would gladly accept and live in a plastic bubble if they were told it would make them more safe. I get sick of the lack of personal responsibility our society is willing to accept! 3 wheelers were fine machines if ridden within their capabilities. The "safety" issues were rider fault. If everyone takes their Honda sxs and drives it off a cliff because it has a wing on it, is that the machines fault??

Reactions: AKRider
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I owned at 350X for a short time (it was a flip) and loved it. Never quite got used to the fact there's no need to put my foot out when making a sharp slow turn in the woods (raised on dirt bikes) and occasionally ran over my own foot lmao. But it was fun. And on a side note (certainly not trying to throw any gas on the fire) but asbestos insulation is still bought and sold every day in countries other than the US (one of the few things I still remember from the 30hr OSHA training course I've been through twice). I've just learned to accept the fact that 3wheelers are gone like lawn darts and 2 stroke mx'ers (not counting exotics like the Husky or Beta). Who knows, maybe Trump will help bring them back.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have many fond memories on 3 wheelers. I rode countless miles. My most dangerous modification was to install a 200cc dirt bike engine on a 3 wheeler. Damn that was fast.

Amazing how back then they were great. Now admitting you have one is dangerous. Kinda the way anti gun folks are doing us.
I rode many miles in the back of the truck. My parents smoked IN THE CAR with the windows rolled up. I never put on a seatbelt until I was in college. Drinking and driving was legal. To this day I haven't worn a helmet on a bicycle. I even ride the pioneer without helmet or seatbelts.

It's surprising we have lived this long, but DAMN, we have LIVED.

BTW: I have a pair of Honda Foreman's (Foremen?) that we take riding.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2000 Forman that is now my wife's machine. Still use it for plowing the extra snow that my truck doesn't get. It's got 1,000 miles on it. Still a great machine102b51f85e1763af6042b767131588ac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger and JTW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Kids get killed in car wreaks at a much more alarming rate.. yet you're not walking to work. I don't believe it's the governments business to tell me what I or my kids can ride. Three wheelers are NO MORE dangerous than dirt bikes or 4 wheelers when driven with some sense. It's the parents responsiblity to teach good judgment. It's absurd to blame objects for what people do with them.
They were banned from production. That's the point, you might read the bulletins.

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
I owned at 350X for a short time (it was a flip) and loved it. Never quite got used to the fact there's no need to put my foot out when making a sharp slow turn in the woods (raised on dirt bikes) and occasionally ran over my own foot lmao. But it was fun. And on a side note (certainly not trying to throw any gas on the fire) but asbestos insulation is still bought and sold every day in countries other than the US (one of the few things I still remember from the 30hr OSHA training course I've been through twice). I've just learned to accept the fact that 3wheelers are gone like lawn darts and 2 stroke mx'ers (not counting exotics like the Husky or Beta). Who knows, maybe Trump will help bring them back.
Lawn Darts #1!!!!!!!!!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

Ran over my foot several times in the same way.
I had to suffer through OSHA 30 also. I'd rather run over my foot.

Reactions: JTW
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yup.. but there are those that would gladly accept and live in a plastic bubble if they were told it would make them more safe. I get sick of the lack of personal responsibility our society is willing to accept! 3 wheelers were fine machines if ridden within their capabilities. The "safety" issues were rider fault. If everyone takes their Honda sxs and drives it off a cliff because it has a wing on it, is that the machines fault??

I 100% agree with you my first atv/atc was a Honda 200s I would ride for 8 hours never hurt myself respecting it. The only time my 3 wheeler hurt me was when I was being stupid. I feel everyone needs to ride a 3 wheeler first to learn to respect atv's.

I still have a 1985 250sx I am looking to add a big red and a 350x some day in the future to my stable.

J

JTW

I 100% agree with you my first atv/atc was a Honda 200s I would ride for 8 hours never hurt myself respecting it. The only time my 3 wheeler hurt me was when I was being stupid. I feel everyone needs to ride a 3 wheeler first to learn to respect atv's.

I still have a 1985 250sx I am looking to add a big red and a 350x some day in the future to my stable.
Holler at me on the big red.. dad has one or two he might part with.

C

cccan

Nov 8, 2016
edmonton
Ownership

1. 500
I still have my 2002 350 fourtrax...had it since new..just sold a 2007 420 to make room for the pioneer 500. I hope I have the same luck with my 500 as I have had with the other two hondas.

Reactions: JTW and AKRider
K

klewis

Nov 23, 2016
Halifax
Ownership

1. 500
Still have my old one. It's a 1986 TRX 350 and I've had it for 30 years. Still running great!

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Nope. The only Honda I had before was a three wheeler and I sold it because it was too dangerous.
I had a few 3 wheelers, I miss my 1985 tri z 250 the most, but have had 2 200x's as well. I started on a 1978 ATC70 :)

In the old days everything was dangerous

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!