Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A little more power or a lower low would be nice for Moab!
It definitely has a quicker response with less lag, more off the bottom and maybe a pinch more mid range. I didn’t feel any difference at top which is better imo.
At least that’s what the seat meter says. Not positive on paper. @snuffnwhisky @joeymt33

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like the PCV. I’d buy it again. No increase in top end but the low end power is nice.

It’s not worth it in my opinion unless you get the auto tune option.

If you’re looking for more low end power, the IGR will provide more with 30” tires or larger. The IGR changed my ride the most. In a drag race against other pioneers I’m still as fast if not faster with 32’s and tons of weight. It will crawl a lot better.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like the PCV. I’d buy it again. No increase in top end but the low end power is nice.

If you’re looking for more low end power, the IGR will provide more with 30” tires or larger. The IGR changed my ride the most. In a drag race against other pioneers I’m still as fast if not faster with 32’s and tons of weight. It will crawl a lot better.
You know what sunk the Titanic don't you?................................WEIGHT! HA!

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
J

JTW

Yeah, I just can’t fully commit to the IGR.. but if I had something that would serve as a band aid... welllll maybe

J

JTW

We all know it needs a lower low when you add 30’s and all the weight... but will the power commander alone be worth it for what I’m trying to get at. Will an improved tune help that bottom end when you wish you had a little more power or less gear enough to make it worth while for me?

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don’t care about a drag race.. just thinking ahead for Moab this year and getting a little more when I need it
Between that and the exhaust it really does grab power quicker which gets lockup quicker. You wouldn’t go oh my god but definitely notice it. Off the bottom for crawling would be better that’s where it hits better. The slight hiccup the pioneer has is gone. Up top for racing would be no different but getting the rig up to speed especially 1st and lower revs of the other gears it’s notable

Reactions: JTW and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Me (stock) and Joey (PCV) drag racing, he would jump me a bike out of the hole and pretty much maintain that through the run (think that was before we really had it tuned). The autotune would also be good if you riding in a lot of elevation changes. The stock PCV tune is pretty rich throughout.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Me (stock) and Joey (PCV) drag racing, he would jump me a bike out of the hole and pretty much maintain that through the run (think that was before we really had it tuned). The autotune would also be good if you riding in a lot of elevation changes. The stock PCV tune is pretty rich throughout.
Ya I always smelled gas till Joey programmed mine with your guys setup.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don’t care about a drag race.. just thinking ahead for Moab this year and getting a little more when I need it

I don’t really care much for the drag race either but I just wanted to point out that you’re not really giving up much speed overall.

Think about the power issues you had out west. Dropping a couple hundred pounds would help for sure. Just the IGR would have given you the power needed I’m sure. Combine the IGR and PCV with auto tune and that’s about the best we can do right now.

You need some comparisons back to back in a IGR equipped vehicle and then yours on the same obstacle.

J

JTW

You'll be down about 10hp in moab, 4,500' vs sea level also. 3% loss every 1,000ft. On top of the motor already being on the lean side stock it may be a little more than that.
That’s where I was really going with all this... if my tune could have greatly improved performance out west

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

JTW

I don’t really care much for the drag race either but I just wanted to point out that you’re not really giving up much speed overall.

Think about the power issues you had out west. Dropping a couple hundred pounds would help for sure. Just the IGR would have given you the power needed I’m sure. Combine the IGR and PCV with auto tune and that’s about the best we can do right now.

You need some comparisons back to back in a IGR equipped vehicle and then yours on the same obstacle.
Oh, I’ve spent enough time driving and riding in kilos rig that I know what a difference the IGR makes. I’d love to do it I just can’t convince myself it’s worth it for the limited times I would really “need” it.

J

JTW

Also, do you have to open the exhaust to get the most from the programmer? I’d really prefer not make it any louder. I was amazed what a difference unplugging the dirt bike made... I never would have imagined that much difference. But it’s also a carb so...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s where I was really going with all this... if my tune could have greatly improved performance out west
Greatly improved. Nah I don't think it's what you want with the weight you haul around. Spend the money on some high quality 27" tires for moab. Lowers your gears enough to haul what you perceive you need.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!