Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just wondering if I could get a couple rough estimates on the mid panel. I'm looking to see if there is room to cut 5 inches from hopefully the top of the panel. Anyone have one that's not installed?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just wondering if I could get a couple rough estimates on the mid panel. I'm looking to see if there is room to cut 5 inches from hopefully the top of the panel. Anyone have one that's not installed?
I will check mine when I pick it up hopefully tomorrow. 5" would be awfully close to the glass at the top corners, just from memory.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will check mine when I pick it up hopefully tomorrow. 5" would be awfully close to the glass at the top corners, just from memory.

Ok awesome thank you @JACKAL. Received a call and on a broken one that I could get cheap so I'm considering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
6 inches pretty clear?

Reactions: dotman1
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just looked at it again there is no way you could cut over 1 1/2 " off it due to how it mounts ,it extends above the rollcage to hit the roof

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just looked at it again there is no way you could cut over 1 1/2 " off it due to how it mounts ,it extends above the rollcage to hit the roof

Damn ok exactly what I was looking for thank you I appreciate it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok awesome thank you @JACKAL. Received a call and on a broken one that I could get cheap so I'm considering

I didn't get a call to pick mine up so sorry I'm no help but sounds like you got the info needed, so that's good. Hope it works out for you.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I didn't get a call to pick mine up so sorry I'm no help but sounds like you got the info needed, so that's good. Hope it works out for you.

I appreciate you trying to help I know had it been close you would've. Doesn't sound like it'll work easily though.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I appreciate you trying to help I know had it been close you would've. Doesn't sound like it'll work easily though.

If you are making rear doors, I would forego the mid panel and make a rear window lift gate from tail gate to rops, like on a Jeep Wrangler

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you are making rear doors, I would forego the mid panel and make a rear window lift gate from tail gate to rops, like on a Jeep Wrangler
That's a great idea may just do that Would actually be easier then building a frame for the center. Thanks for that! I was just just pondering idea of the mid because I found a broken one for 200.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
You might be able to do it if come up with some other mounting hardware.
The second measurement shows how close the lower dip in the roof would come to the window.
Probably not something I would try but I'm posting pics so the mighty CP can decide for himself. LOL
IMG 3431 IMG 3432 IMG 3435 IMG 3436

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great photos thanks Ghost Actually pretty close, tight on the sides.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
So what front windshield and doors do you run with the rear panel? I have the full glass windshield, hard roof and soft doors. Thinking about getting a rear hard panel. How's the dust with the rear panel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So what front windshield and doors do you run with the rear panel? I have the full glass windshield, hard roof and soft doors. Thinking about getting a rear hard panel. How's the dust with the rear panel?

@ghost I think @taylorman was referring this question to you.

Reactions: ghost
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC

I've got glass windshield and hard roof. Just the stock half doors.
I ran with that setup for a while and it got very dusty. After I added the hard mid-panel (they call it rear panel) the dust was drastically reduced. There will always be some dust but the mid panel really helped. I'm guessing it would be the same with the soft doors you have - the concept is the same - a low pressure system behind windshield sucks dust. The bed area / rear passengers are not as lucky as the front passengers - there is still low pressure behind the mid panel..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!