highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Do any of you Arkansas guys know if this trail is doable for UTVs? I've watched the Oxark Overland Adventures video a couple times now and this looks like a good time. The terrain looks easy for UTVs and our experience around Mena has been that you can almost ride UTVs on all roads in that area.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never heard of that, before.

Beautiful scenery. I wish that I could've seen that

If you go, I hope someone can do a series of videos

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do any of you Arkansas guys know if this trail is doable for UTVs? I've watched the Oxark Overland Adventures video a couple times now and this looks like a good time. The terrain looks easy for UTVs and our experience around Mena has been that you can almost ride UTVs on all roads in that area.

I have done most of it at one time or another but i am not sure about some of it. Technically you are allowed to ride on the roads in AR "From trailhead to trailhead" and while i have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for being on the road (normal circumstances) that is always a risk. The biggest challenge is the gas situation. There are only a few places to get gas and you will need to be there during their operating hours to get it. there are a few water crossings that could be deep if we just had a good rain.

Completely possible to go from Mac pines to Mulberry and then over to Buckhorn area. I have done that trail but not all in the same outing.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I downloaded all the OHV and MVUM maps for Arkansas yesterday. Do you have the route marked from Macs Pines to Mill Creek to Buckhorn? I've never even heard of Buckhorn! We've been to Mill Creek a few times.

There is not much of anything north of I-40! I used to go up there to ride motorcycles with some local guys and they would always tell us where to get gas whether we need it or not because gas stations are scarce.

Reactions: Smitty335 and TxDoc
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I've already mentioned to the wife about going to Colorado to ride the Rim Rocker trail to Utah then take the Kokopelli Trail back, but she would have to move our truck and trailer to pick us up. That would be SO MUCH FUN, I think.

Reactions: TxDoc
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have done most of it at one time or another but i am not sure about some of it. Technically you are allowed to ride on the roads in AR "From trailhead to trailhead" and while i have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for being on the road (normal circumstances) that is always a risk. The biggest challenge is the gas situation. There are only a few places to get gas and you will need to be there during their operating hours to get it. there are a few water crossings that could be deep if we just had a good rain.

Completely possible to go from Mac pines to Mulberry and then over to Buckhorn area. I have done that trail but not all in the same outing.
Problem is some of that parts route are trails that aren't legal for OHV. And forest service roads that aren't legal. You can do a most of the route legally and still end up at the same destination.

If you have an Android phone you can download Maprika app then download the 2022 Ozark National Forest OHV MVUM map. You can make your own legal route from Buckhorn to Brock Creek. It shows gas stations and restaurants on the map.

In July I made a 3 day trip from Ozark Ridge Campground (north of Clarksville) to Brock Creek. Beautiful ride. I camped one night at Mack's Pines (north of Dover). And the other night out on the trail. I carried 5 gallons of gas with me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!