NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Dates are generally announced in December-ish. Places to stay…depends on what you’re looking for. Tent/RV/Cabin/Large group or shared cabin/Hotel? There are options. We can definitely help you out.

Ride Royal Blue is the main event campground. It is where the stage is and many ride groups meet and launch from here.

Rock Ridges is basically next door and has a pool.

Comfort Inn and Eagle Rock are at exit 141 which is where the Hardee’s and Mexican restaurant are. TripleB and Jackal rides tend to launch from those spots.

There are more. Tell us what type of spot you want and we will be happy to help.
Thanks JB! We want to rent a cabin for the week and would like to be in the general area where most the the "happening" will be. Don't require to much (bed, bathroom, A/C) as is should be just us two. Hotel is also not off limits but I am leaning towards the cabin for now.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Replace all the tires on your trailer with GoodYear trailer specific tires w/correct load range. All trailers purchased new come with Chinese Tires that are absolute Junk, and remember we're supposedly at war with them. I'm guessing their tires are a new form of warfare? We use our trailers daily hauling equipment and that's the first thing I do when purchasing a new trailer.
Yea we talked about it a little this weekend after I popped a tire in the parking lot. I put Goodyear Endurance on my toy hauler and have had good luck. time to find some for the enclosed as well.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
My son got on the wrong side of a rut Friday afternoon and up against a tree. It took over an hour to extract his machine without destroying it due to the tree. Thankfully we had everything we needed to extract it with the winch and plenty of random rocks and tree limbs to fill in the rut. Had I brought a chainsaw to fell the small tree I definitely wouldn't have aggravated the torn ligament in my left foot. Add a battery chainsaw to my list please

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks JB! We want to rent a cabin for the week and would like to be in the general area where most the the "happening" will be. Don't require to much (bed, bathroom, A/C) as is should be just us two. Hotel is also not off limits but I am leaning towards the cabin for now.
@Haldog77 do the small RRB cabins you typically stay in have a bathroom? I can’t remember off the top of my head. If so, that is probably the cheapest route for a cabin with A/C and bathroom in the main area.

I think they are called hoot owl cabins. Basically enough room for the bed and a place to set your clothes bag down.

advertisement
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
We stayed in a Hoot Owl Cabin, Bed, bath/shower, A/C, 1/2 fridge and micro. It worked well for all the longer we were in there at night. Not doing much cooking, parking wasn't the greatest but plenty of overflow parking down the hill.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
@Haldog77 do the small RRB cabins you typically stay in have a bathroom? I can’t remember off the top of my head. If so, that is probably the cheapest route for a cabin with A/C and bathroom in the main area.

I think they are called hoot owl cabins. Basically enough room for the bed and a place to set your clothes bag down.
Yup, they do. It's not really a cabin. More like a 10x16ish shed with a partition in it. Queen bed, bathroom, A/C unit. Perfect for those that ride all day and only need a place to shower and sleep.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds kinda scary, but find a few other couples to split the rent, it is honestly the most economical.
The hardest part will be talking your wife into staying with complete unknown strangers. But if you find some couples now, and start checking each other on FB, you should have a decent idea of who you are staying with.
My first year, I somehow talked my wife into rooming with Plumber, JTW, Theelectrician, and I think 1-2 more people.

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
We stayed in a Hoot Owl Cabin, Bed, bath/shower, A/C, 1/2 fridge and micro. It worked well for all the longer we were in there at night. Not doing much cooking, parking wasn't the greatest but plenty of overflow parking down the hill.
Thanks, sounds like what I need for a week of awesome riding!

-Bear-

-Bear-

NTC Master Fabricator
Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2019
Black Hills, SD
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
It sounds kinda scary, but find a few other couples to split the rent, it is honestly the most economical.
The hardest part will be talking your wife into staying with complete unknown strangers. But if you find some couples now, and start checking each other on FB, you should have a decent idea of who you are staying with.
My first year, I somehow talked my wife into rooming with Plumber, JTW, Theelectrician, and I think 1-2 more people.
She is somewhat terrified about meeting people. My wife is very slow to make friends, but she is an admirer of this Honda group and how we all come together and help each other in our community. She made friends with @aprils_fool ‘s wife and @Squeegee ‘s wife when they came to the Black Hills. She loved them so much that when they said they were coming back this year, she scheduled vacation for the entire week the group will be here.

Last edited:
JayPo

JayPo

Somewhat Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 15, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If all you need are a bed, bath, and A/C then the Hoot Owl cabins at RRB might be the ticket as that is all they have (and a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave). Very small. We stayed there last weekend. It was pretty much the same total price as the Comfort Inn that I usually stay at. Also only cabin 12 has a place to park your truck and trailer (fortunately we had cabin 12:))

And yes, their website sucks.

advertisement