P500 Attention Missouri owners!

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I just found out that the Pioneer 500 must be registered/titled (with ATV sticker) in Missouri. They changed the law in 2014. Side by side/UTV over 50 inches (as stated by manufacturers) do not have to be but any UTV 50 inches or less must be registered/titled. I went to get mine registered at the local DMV back in April of this year and was told that since it's a UTV, it didn't need to be. I then got letters from the state saying that it does.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just found out that the Pioneer 500 must be registered/titled (with ATV sticker) in Missouri. They changed the law in 2014. Side by side/UTV over 50 inches (as stated by manufacturers) do not have to be but any UTV 50 inches or less must be registered/titled. I went to get mine registered at the local DMV back in April of this year and was told that since it's a UTV, it didn't need to be. I then got letters from the state saying that it does.
Become an Okie, we don't care about such things down here.

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
Well on the bright side, I can actually use mine on Missouri roads without any hassles since I'm disabled.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Add spacers, now you're over 50. :p

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have always registered my
ATV/UTV....
it's cheap...it's Vin # on file
if it gets stolen...your in the system

Reactions: webby
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
Add spacers, now you're over 50. :p

Missouri goes by what the manufacturers list as the vehicle width. They don't go by actual width, my stock 500 is 51-52 inches wide.

The reason I made this post is because not all the contract DMV offices know what the current laws are and didn't want anyone getting surprised like I did.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Missouri goes by what the manufacturers list as the vehicle width. They don't go by actual width, my stock 500 is 51-52 inches wide.

The reason I made this post is because not all the contract DMV offices know what the current laws are and didn't want anyone getting surprised like I did.
Sorry Kilroy...just trying to HBO...
help a brother out. ;)

Reactions: Kilroy
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
Sorry Kilroy...just trying to HBO...
help a brother out. ;)

It's all good.

I can't really blame the workers (and supervisor) at the DMV either. They couldn't make sense of how the state worded the regulations either.
The only reason I can think of why they make you register/title UTVs 50 inches wide and under is because they can be used at state ATV parks with the 50 inch restrictions.