BOX1

ATV Trailer

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've never towed anything offroad before. Anyone got shopping suggestions - what to look for? @AKRider?
I'm looking at one of these. The manufacturer has a great reputation around here.

Planning to use it for general use around the property and hunting.
They do custom work - I would ask for a rear gate or slide-out rear panel so I spread material (gravel etc) and clean it out. Also removable lid would make it more functional on the property.

Express Custom 4' x 6' 1500 GVW ATV Tandem Trailer
Axle: 1x 2000lb
Brakes: None
Finish: Aluminum
Gvw: 1500lb
Load Capacity: 1200lb
Manufacturer: Express Custom
Rear Door/Gate: Gate
Side Door/Gate: None
Size: 48" x 72"
Wheels: 8"x12"x22" x4

703 704 702

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've never towed anything offroad before. Anyone got shopping suggestions - what to look for? @AKRider?
I'm looking at one of these. The manufacturer has a great reputation around here.

Planning to use it for general use around the property and hunting.
They do custom work - I would ask for a rear gate or slide-out rear panel so I spread material (gravel etc) and clean it out. Also removable lid would make it more functional on the property.

Express Custom 4' x 6' 1500 GVW ATV Tandem Trailer
Axle: 1x 2000lb
Brakes: None
Finish: Aluminum
Gvw: 1500lb
Load Capacity: 1200lb
Manufacturer: Express Custom
Rear Door/Gate: Gate
Side Door/Gate: None
Size: 48" x 72"
Wheels: 8"x12"x22" x4

View attachment 31574 View attachment 31575 View attachment 31576

That type is very popular up here. This is the one I'm looking at getting in the future. It also has trailer brakes. They are made in Wisconsin and have dealers all over.

#1600AL-50113 - 2016 Bosski 1600# GVWR Tandem Axle All Aluminum Meat for sale in Anchorage AK

With some of the places I go up and down, trailer brakes would be awesome!

J

JTW

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
That type is very popular up here. This is the one I'm looking at getting in the future. It also has trailer brakes. They are made in Wisconsin and have dealers all over.

#1600AL-50113 - 2016 Bosski 1600# GVWR Tandem Axle All Aluminum Meat for sale in Anchorage AK

With some of the places I go up and down, trailer brakes would be awesome!
Yeah - i remember you linking that before but i couldnt find it.
Forgot about the trailer brakes - that might come in handy with 1600 pounds coming down the mountain behind you.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah - i remember you linking that before but i couldnt find it.
Forgot about the trailer brakes - that might come in handy with 1600 pounds coming down the mountain behind you.
I highly doubt I'll ever carry that much weight. Dry weight on that trailer is 337lbs. I'm thinking the most I would have is around 1K... if that. I like the idea of having the trailer help the machine and limiting the possibility of jack knifing. Also, brake pads are easier to change than clutch packs... lol.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I highly doubt I'll ever carry that much weight. Dry weight on that trailer is 337lbs. I'm thinking the most I would have is around 1K... if that. I like the idea of having the trailer help the machine and limiting the possibility of jack knifing. Also, brake pads are easier to change than clutch packs... lol.
Yeah - im not planning to carry that much either but that moose has to go somewhere.

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is the trailer I built myself, salvaged the angle iron frame from another trailer, shortened and mounted 3500lb axle and springs, new sub structure and good to go. The plan is to build a set of walking beams that have a standard wheel bolt pattern on them, so I can tow the trailer behind my truck to where I'm going, then switch over to the walking beams for towing behind the utv.
20170611 095159

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!