Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine is up front. Pic was back in the middle of the install. Its been in deep water and mud. No issues. The key is no matter where u mount it is to but dielectric grease on the connections, if u dont thats when water kills you
IMG 6605

Reactions: TxDoc and K9Paco
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Mine is up front. Pic was back in the middle of the install. Its been in deep water and mud. No issues. The key is no matter where u mount it is to but dielectric grease on the connections, if u dont thats when water kills you
View attachment 393998
That would be perfect with my second battery right there. It’s a PITA with the wires dumping out going down. It’s hard to find a place to hang it off of the edge from.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That would be perfect with my second battery right there. It’s a PITA with the wires dumping out going down. It’s hard to find a place to hang it off of the edge from.
Yeah my Second battery is right behind it. In this location it was super easy to run wires to the AB

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And I just went through the whole build thread waiting on it to change to a Talon.
Simple mistakes. Ive done it too

Reactions: K9Paco
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
just remember to put any breakers where you can reach them if tripped. I made that mistake and had to take half car apart because did such a good job of burying the winch one.

Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
My fuse block and relays are behind the dust shield below the cowl - I extended the rubber dust cover all the way across the cowl area to provide more protection, better for protection, but it has its challenges for access.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I put it up front. It slightly touches the hood where I have to push it down a little. 🤷🏼‍♂️
View attachment 394209
Looks good. Mine does the dame slightly. Its so lite that if u dont tell anyone, they will never know but you. Easier than keeping secrets from the wife ;)
Unless shes an archeologist, they like digging up old dirt! Thats why there are so many women in that field 🤣

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!