Auxbeam RA80xl questions

D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
I need a little bit of guidance here. When I 1st bought my 1000x4, I used the Honda switch plate with the pig tails. Now I have a couple more accessories and decided to get an auxbeam and swap it all over when I add the 2nd battery.

Questions

1. I've got the factory glass windshield with wiper. Can I use 2 auxbeam spots and do one to turn wiper on, and the other as a momentary to run the squirter? How do I figure out the wire to trigger sprayer?

2. I've got an inferno heater that has high and low settings. Can I set up auxbeam to control on/low/high?

Should I just leave wiper and heater hooked up the way they are and run everything else off aux beam?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes,yes and yes

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Wiper and heater...
Ya they will be fine. Major one is the winch to the second.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
Wiper and heater...
Ya they will be fine. Major one is the winch to the second.

So how do I wire up the high low on the heater with the auxbeam?

I plan on leaving my winch hooked up they way or is now. Not through the auxbeam

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
By second, I ment second battery.

I would assume you need 2 buttons. Would have to figure out what wire was for high and which for low.

D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
By second, I ment second battery.

I would assume you need 2 buttons. Would have to figure out what wire was for high and which for low.

I got everything torn apart earlier. I put in a 2nd battery up front. Ran the oem winch positive wire to the isolator, then to 2nd battery. Ran a new pos cable from 2nd battery to winch solenoid. Ran a new ground from 2nd battery to the frame. I left the oem ground on the winch solenoid. That's ok, right?

The list of accessories I want to run off the 2nd battery and auxbeam are

Already oem switch plate wired
Wiper
Wiper washer
Heater high
Heater low
Rear lights

New accessories
Horn
Backup camera
Vhf radio

Which wire do I tie the auxbeam into for switched power?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So how do I wire up the high low on the heater with the auxbeam?
You cannot wire it that way. The following will show u how u can use your auxbeam for your heaters power .

You will pick a bank on the Auxbeam and make it your “power source” for your heater and you will use a separate high low switch (that prob came with your heater) for heater speed control.
Also keep in mind, your Auxbeam is a “key on” source only, not “constant power” with key on or off. I use mine as a key on Source for my accessories.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The list of accessories I want to run off the 2nd battery and auxbeam are

Already oem switch plate wired
Wiper
Wiper washer
Heater high
Heater low
Rear lights

New accessories
Horn
Backup camera
Vhf radio

Which wire do I tie the auxbeam into for switched power?
Again the auxbeam is a key on power source, you will have to remove what you have on the OEM switch plate and wire them “separately” on the auxbeam or just leave them as they are wired to the OEM switch plate. As for a horn, I would wire that separately to your second battery with an inline fuse and relay. Thats what i did with my horn.

D

denniswestfall

Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2018
US
I got the wiper all hooked up to the auxbeam. The sprayer wires were easy. It took some time to figure out the wiper wiring for the wiper park position. I found a diagram on here that someone hand drew for the pioneer. I used a relay to make it all work based on the pic. I decided to leave the heater as is with original toggle for now. Thanks again for all the help, everyone. D54874bb0dce14d834dacbf3ddb872ca

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!