BOX1

Talon Accessory panel and winch wiring questions.

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
thanks for the help. ive got warn looking into it and is going to call me back shortly. As soon as I find out what the problem is I will post it on here.
I read over the thread, I didn't realize you had one of those winches where the solenoid was attached to the winch. If your getting power to the solenoid, and its not working, its probably a bad solenoid.

Reactions: CMB
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I figured it out. I smacked the side of it solenoid side with my hand, turn the key on and got blue light on switch. cycled it in, got almost all of the cord in and it stopped again. Still waiting on the Warn lady to call me back.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
im thinking it would make a great boat anchor

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I want to updated everyone who tried to help with my winch issues. I spoke with Warn and we determined it was a motor issue. I called the place where it was purchased and they are sending me a new winch tomorrow and paperwork to return the other one. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I figured it out. I smacked the side of it solenoid side with my hand, turn the key on and got blue light on switch. cycled it in, got almost all of the cord in and it stopped again. Still waiting on the Warn lady to call me back.
so the solution is you just need a bigger hammer. hahaha.
The one time @JTW would have given useful advice.... 🤦‍♂️

T

tfowler84

Feb 16, 2021
atlanta
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m new to wiring stuff up so sorry if this is dumb. I just installed the oem switch panel on my Honda talon, do I have to run a power wire from each switch from either the battery or the pre wired winch wire in the front? I’m just a little confused on why this switch panel was so expensive.

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
Did you buy the Honda warm factory winch? Or are you using a different winch?

If you have the Honda warn winch you will need the factory Honda winch mount, switch plate, and wiring harness for the winch to make it all plug and play. you can tap into the power and ground wires from the battery near the steering column.

If just using an aftermarket winch you can still use the power and ground from the battery and tie into the keyed on 12v power source.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!