BOX1

Accessory wiring

Q

Quetico

Apr 28, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
If I buy this harness, could I use this to wire into a 6-fuse box, and then wire to accessory switches from there?

Initially I’d only be running a sound bar, but may add other stuff down the road. My concern is the sound bar specs state 10 amps, and this harness states a 10 amp max. Open to suggestions. I struggle trying to understand wiring.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi.
Yes, you could.
But you should not because of the very thing you mention.

It's only has a 10a rating. It's designed more for a trigger wire or at max 1 or 2 small accessories.

Use this to control your stinger or other relay that will send high amp loads to the volt meter.

Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
I used this keyed pigtail to switch on a relay which then powers up the other relays - essentially doing what you are asking. My accessory relays are also fused and wired to my accessory battery. It can be done without overloading the circuit if you are a little creative...

Reactions: Smitty335
M

Mdsiman

Jul 20, 2022
Nj
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I plan to get this as well to power a 12v relay, but my question is what to do with my other key on power accesories?
I have my ryco street legal kit currently plugged into the blue plug. And I plan to get the Hess i4wd delete( but I did find out they offer another plug connected to splice).
Should I just cut off the plug of the ryco and go straight to my fuse block?

Reactions: BobFarrell
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!