Talon wiring

G

Garyjean

Mar 21, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I was watching a video about wiring my Talon using the Honda switch plate and accessory sub harness, and it was mention that you have to use the winch power cable because the wiring in that sub harness is not big enough for that amperage, is this true. is there a benefit of buying the Honda plate and sub harness wiring.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
it was mention that you have to use the winch power cable because the wiring in that sub harness is not big enough for that amperage, is this true.
No, not true.
The OEM switch panel uses at least 12avg or better for the main run. It has a 50A fuse and while some will claim that's not a good combo... it is fine. I'm sure there are experts all over that could teach Honda a lesson or 3 about building a SxS.

Now, many do use the winch wiring when making their own switch / fuse box / second battery setup. Then hook the winch to the second battery.

is there a benefit of buying the Honda plate and sub harness wiring.
I really can't think of a single one outside of pauning off some of the add-on we sell in the club store.
I guess If I had to name one otherwise, it would be that plays nice with the factory accessories.

Reactions: TerryH and Garyjean

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!