Accessory Bar

J

JumptChaneAZ

Been manipulating the Google to try and get it to show me a simple bar with cage mounts, that I can attach to the stock cage to mount a chase bar. I was actually surprised when it couldn't get one to pop up....kept wanting to show me roof mounts, which is not what I asked to see, front lightbar mounts on the Talon cage, which I didn't want to see, then a bunch of stuff that was completely unrelated......that I ALSO didn't want to see.

I have the S&B particle separator mounted to the high mount tube location...for obvious reasons, and the existing low mount is going to end up getting buried. I don't want to drop three Ben Franklin's on a spare tire holder, only to use the bar. Is this a case of ordering the cage clamps, getting a nice piece of tube and getting it melted together, or do you guys know something I don't?

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi First you should really think about a real cage. You may get one going over then the A post will bend so it can never be used. Most of the time they are mounted to the bottom of the spare tire carrier. If it is across high in the back.They are a must for your friends following you. If you are going to race first it can NOT be on a toggle in side the cab. Which means the first time you hit the road every cop will pull you over. Score also state that you can have a 4" amber cube at the top corner of your cage if you do not have the upper spare tire carrier. I first mounted a 30" flashing bar to pieces of angle that I welded to the spare tire carrier. Now move radator to back and going to lay the tire down as the carrier broke in three different races. Chase light are a must if you run with other friends in the dust. Best of luck stay safe till you cop for the cage.

20230218 105009

J

JumptChaneAZ

Hi First you should really think about a real cage. You may get one going over then the A post will bend so it can never be used. Most of the time they are mounted to the bottom of the spare tire carrier. If it is across high in the back.They are a must for your friends following you. If you are going to race first it can NOT be on a toggle in side the cab. Which means the first time you hit the road every cop will pull you over. Score also state that you can have a 4" amber cube at the top corner of your cage if you do not have the upper spare tire carrier. I first mounted a 30" flashing bar to pieces of angle that I welded to the spare tire carrier. Now move radator to back and going to lay the tire down as the carrier broke in three different races. Chase light are a must if you run with other friends in the dust. Best of luck stay safe till you cop for the cage.

View attachment 375724
Thank you for your reply, the cage will happen. But I have a few things coming that a cage needs to play nice with. Compatibility is an issue and things need to be done in a specific order, or you will end up wasting a bunch of money. When you have the cage fabricated, you can make sure that each of the parts have specific mounting locations and the proper tabs.

Having crewed on a SCORE 7SX class winning truck, I'm somewhat familiar with the fabrication and assembly process. What I lack is the outright budget to be able to purchase all the parts at once and then build the vehicle to incorporate all of the pieces. I wish I could, but I can't, so I have to make sure I don't waste a bunch of money, by ending up with extra parts that aren't compatible in the end. I also have a thing about financing toys, if I can't pay for it outright, then I have to wait until I can.

24baja1k07

48baja1k07

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CID and K9Paco

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!