Talon Accessory panel and winch wiring questions.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Quick question - picked up the Talon today and was thinking about all the wiring I have to do. I have the Winch switch from here (Prewired Winch In/Out switch designed for the Honda Pioneer), and am figuring out what else I need to order. I am thinking off bitting the bullet and getting the Honda switch plate W/volt meter. I believe I then need the Honda Accessory harness that is about $55 bucks. What else do I need other than the switches to put the winch in the system as well as a few lights?
Thanks - just don't want to order too much or not enough.

Reactions: BWAF
C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Quick question - picked up the Talon today and was thinking about all the wiring I have to do. I have the Winch switch from here (Prewired Winch In/Out switch designed for the Honda Pioneer), and am figuring out what else I need to order. I am thinking off bitting the bullet and getting the Honda switch plate W/volt meter. I believe I then need the Honda Accessory harness that is about $55 bucks. What else do I need other than the switches to put the winch in the system as well as a few lights?
Thanks - just don't want to order too much or not enough.
It’s a lot less expensive if you can do a little wiring. There’s nothing complicated about the Honda kit at all. If you don’t feel comfortable then yes, switch plate kit and accessory harness, winch switch. They sell nicely made switch harness and pigtails here on the forum if you decide to add other switches in the plate. Only thing to keep an eye on if you use just the talon switch plate, make sure that you don’t draw more than 80% of the 50 Amp rating with all the accessories that you plan to run simultaneously. If you need more then you will need to look at adding a relay box to power the accessories and use the switches in the plate to fire the relays.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
To each his own but the Honda electrical stuff is way overpriced. You can build your own for less than a quarter of that. Your winch should come with everything you need to wire it up. I bought the XTC 3 switch plate that goes to the left of the wheel.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
So where's the pics of that Talon? ;)

Just noticed your location, I was just down there a few weeks ago to do some testing at the Yota plant, I stayed in Hurricane.

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
To each his own but the Honda electrical stuff is way overpriced. You can build your own for less than a quarter of that. Your winch should come with everything you need to wire it up. I bought the XTC 3 switch plate that goes to the left of the wheel.

I wired my Mule and other machines was just liking the idea of a factory solution but open to other ideas and suggestions if you have some recommendations.

I will start a new thread with photos and some mods!

Reactions: BWAF
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm in the process of adding a winch, lights & 2nd battery to mine. Using a combination of HondaSxS store items, switches, relays & lights from Amazon, battery box from CA Tech, etc. I can take some pics when I'm done if you like but it may be a while. It's a winter project for me.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks- Going to head on over to Amazon and start looking at options!

Pretty cool you were in Hurricane - we don't get a lot of visitors. The Toyota plant is a BIG employer and great for the local economy! Hope they expand in the future!

Reactions: 906UP
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I want to build an affordable full switch system for a Talon sometime. But I can't find one local.

Reactions: CID and monaco
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Not trying to take any sales from the site but, this kit from switch pros is expensive but it is the cleanest, easiest, best looking solution. No making little jumpers or cutting holes. I installed it the first couple weeks of ownership and it’s bulletproof and all the things it can do is awesome! Very fast and easy install.

SP-9100 Switch Panel Power System

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackCSVT and 906UP
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I know you're not, just wanted to make sure no one else got their panties in a wad.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It arrived yesterday and made its way to its new home....

IMG 4765

H

HondaTech

If you have the Honda winch kit you wont need anything for the switch plate, the sub harness is only needed if the Honda winch isnt being installed or hasn't previously been installed.

I recently installed the Honda switch plate with a aftermarket switch, I used the provided power/ground switch pigtails Honda provides to wire the switch and its lights up. Then I just ran 2 wires from the winch contactor to the "outgoing" pins on the switch. I believe it was a Dragonfire 10 pin switch.

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
I used the Honda switch panel. Very easy to instal the factory stereo and wiper with it. spendy but worth it. Added 2nd battery to run Warn winch, light bar, rock lights and whips.

3AF24B44 F6EE 48A0 80D7 D06FFB84B492 1CDBDE3C A158 4FC4 AA74 4DE159EF8286 9F6C8C32 2FBF 4655 857C A8B9D3B09EBA 36070E3C A3C7 469A 81D0 716E482F154F

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
Where did you get the panel for the dual battery voltage display?
I ordered two different options off amazon for the dual voltage meter, if you want to know the exact one I can look at my order history and let you know which one it was.

Thanks

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X4
After spending $300 on the honda switch plate, waiting a week and a half for it, then find out I needed a $55 "sub harness" and $50 worth of pig tails. And then for over $400 it doesn't incorporate a fuse block, so each accessory needs its own in line type ghetto fuse. It's going back. Oh and top of all that, they sold me a 2 seat kit, so it doesn't have enough wire to reach the battery

Reactions: Rick53
H

HondaTech

After spending $300 on the honda switch plate, waiting a week and a half for it, then find out I needed a $55 "sub harness" and $50 worth of pig tails. And then for over $400 it doesn't incorporate a fuse block, so each accessory needs its own in line type ghetto fuse. It's going back. Oh and top of all that, they sold me a 2 seat kit, so it doesn't have enough wire to reach the battery

The switch plate is the same for 2 or 4 seat models, there is a separate harness also needed to reach the back of the 4 seater that they forgot to mention in the updated instructions.

To be fair they designed it with their accessories in mind, and I believe each individual accessory is fuse. I think it's a better design in the long run, since you aren't actually stuck with their accessories like the P1K,

Someone at Honda needs their ass kick for the accessory instructions they've been putting out, its abysmal at best.

Reactions: Kip

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!