Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've seen you post this one before and it's already in my amazon cart lol. It is what I'm panning on using for my interior cab lights as well.

The lights I'm talking about now, and adding a second dimmer for, are the switch lights themseleves. I don't like super bright lights coming from my switch panels while I'm driving, and so I'm curious if the LED's in the switches themselves are dimmable at all?

Not sure about that. I've never given that much thought because my switches don't seem to bother me. The red doesn't seem too bright. Now I've seen some blue ones that do seem brighter.

It shouldn't be hard to try it. You may teach us something.

DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or you can use a solenoid to combine the batteries similar to what motorized RVs doe for emergency starting. It is more complex than the simple blue sea switch, but workable

Yeah I think for simplicity sakes I'll either go with the blue sea switch or just a 6" longer cable just in case. It's not a very high priority item for my build since the whole point of this auxiliary system is to prevent something happening to the stock battery anyways.

Reactions: Eltobgi
DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure about that. I've never given that much thought because my switches don't seem to bother me. The red doesn't seem too bright. Now I've seen some blue ones that do seem brighter.

It shouldn't be hard to try it. You may teach us something.

Cool, I guess they just look insanely bright from the all the pictures I see and the camera just picking up all that light. I might give it a shot, or just contact OTRATTW to see if the LED's are dimmable.

EDIT:
And then it dawned on me that I remember seeing something about a dimmer circuit on the switch wiring diagram from their site. Pin 7 mentions it, so I think that answers my question. Now just to figure out exactly how it wires up.

Switch Wiring

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very Interesting find for the voltmeter @Neohio I like that, to be able to get 2 battery readings in such a small unit. That saves some room for sure. I don't like the big round ones either which is why I found the small rectangular ones but this might be even better.

What is the cutout hole size for the radio on this panel?

That is a 3" hole for the Boss Radio. (MGR-350)
If you use the Carling VME and VMM inserts, You can get 9 switches wide, 2 rows tall.
I would have to measure my dash a little better to optimize the fit. Then I could email you .dxf of the panel and you can shop around locally for a waterjet person.

Edit:
I do have a different panel on my machine right now, I have been messing around in solidworks to optimize the fit and get more switches in. I will post a pic of my current plate sometime this weekend.

Reactions: DmaxHunter
DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uhh there's so many ways to configure it. And I'm thinking for now I'm not going to include the stereo and prob just go with my second setup or something similar. That's impressive if you are able to fit that many switches in. I would like to see what you've got now or what all you come up with.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uhh there's so many ways to configure it. And I'm thinking for now I'm not going to include the stereo and prob just go with my second setup or something similar. That's impressive if you are able to fit that many switches in. I would like to see what you've got now or what all you come up with.

I tried to fit 18 switches into the plate in a model. They will fit, but you would need to shave some of the plastic mount sides.
For now though, I have modeled it to fit 16 switches which is a s*** ton.
16 panel

Here is my current panel. I only spend weekends with my Honda. I keep it at my campground. But I should have everything else wired up this weekend. I like messing around in solidworks, so if you want help perfecting your setup, I am willing to help you out.
IMG 20170701 095758

Reactions: Eltobgi
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool, I guess they just look insanely bright from the all the pictures I see and the camera just picking up all that light. I might give it a shot, or just contact OTRATTW to see if the LED's are dimmable.

EDIT:
And then it dawned on me that I remember seeing something about a dimmer circuit on the switch wiring diagram from their site. Pin 7 mentions it, so I think that answers my question. Now just to figure out exactly how it wires up.

View attachment 47758
Blue is WAY too bright i have three of them in a box somewhere.

Reactions: JTW
DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For now though, I have modeled it to fit 16 switches which is a s*** ton.

Here is my current panel. I only spend weekends with my Honda. I keep it at my campground. But I should have everything else wired up this weekend. I like messing around in solidworks, so if you want help perfecting your setup, I am willing to help you out.

That is a lot of switches! Man that'd be awesome. Let me try to figure out what layout I want to go with for sure then I'll probably hit you up. Thanks a lot for the offer.

DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Blue is WAY too bright i have three of them in a box somewhere.

Dang, blue is my go to color for dash panel lights. I really might consider putting the dimmer on all the switch lights, still debating that or just choosing a different color.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang, blue is my go to color for dash panel lights. I really might consider putting the dimmer on all the switch lights, still debating that or just choosing a different color.
I think a lot of it is personal preference...all of my switches and voltmeter are blue..I don't think they're to bright.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!