Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hope this doesn't mean that you will be switching forums!!!!!
What Plummer said!! PJ isn't going anywhere it's apart of the family. Just needed something meanwhile that will be dependable and that all can drive without instructions and this'll fit the bill.
One Yamaha in the fleet of Hondas isn't making me go anywhere. Still Honda fan but my experience with mine has rubbed me raw. I don't do Facebook and am on no other forums because my friends are here. Love the people here truly! Hopefully this isn't looked upon as negitive because we have bought 3 Honda Sxs's in the last two years and paid our dues but we were looking to replace the quad it just had to happen sooner then thought lol. Don't hate me it's still a jap rig I didn't loose my mind. PJ will just have a new friend to play with down the road, should be fun.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
View attachment 49372

First look at the family's new ride.
Today after my bike sold got some things taking care of including the start to our future in the sport. Leaving the dirtbike behind and moving into 4 wheels permanently is sad but better for some things.
Feels like I'm trading my ultra dependable and downright fun Honda bike for a Yamaha so this is weird for me but things change and so do I sometimes.
eBay of all places, have I said I liked eBay lol? Things happen quickly with the sheer determination to ride in the woods,we've missed it. Special thanks to @Plumber32 :)
Back at it soon!
I had to chuckle a little when I seen this,l took my wife to the local dealer Friday evening and test drove one, we were impressed with it, the only problem's were they would only give me $6000.00 for mine and further discussing it with my wife, it is to wide to fit thru the door of our shed, the trailer we have now would be to small, the grandkids wouldn't be able to ride with us, not to mention the fact it would take another couple thousand for wheels, tires, windshield and everything else we would add plus the fact that l haven't spent any money on repairs with 2800 miles on it, So we decided the 500-4 we have now will be around for a while yet,I think you will like your newest addition, can't wait to hear more about your thoughts on it overtime.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had to chuckle a little when I seen this,l took my wife to the local dealer Friday evening and test drove one, we were impressed with it, the only problem's were they would only give me $6000.00 for mine and further discussing it with my wife, it is to wide to fit thru the door of our shed, the trailer we have now would be to small, the grandkids wouldn't be able to ride with us, not to mention the fact it would take another couple thousand for wheels, tires, windshield and everything else we would add plus the fact that l haven't spent any money on repairs with 2800 miles on it, So we decided the 500-4 we have now will be around for a while yet,I think you will like your newest addition, can't wait to hear more about your thoughts on it overtime.
I'll never say this would replace the 5 seat for us because it can't. We are seldomly just two people and it'll be an adjustment till the 1000 is going but we also have the quad for now and it seats 4 when needed. Room and dependability is very important to us that's why we bought a Pioneer in the first place

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
J

Jshell3

View attachment 49372

First look at the family's new ride.
Today after my bike sold got some things taking care of including the start to our future in the sport. Leaving the dirtbike behind and moving into 4 wheels permanently is sad but better for some things.
Feels like I'm trading my ultra dependable and downright fun Honda bike for a Yamaha so this is weird for me but things change and so do I sometimes.
eBay of all places, have I said I liked eBay lol? Things happen quickly with the sheer determination to ride in the woods,we've missed it. Special thanks to @Plumber32 :)
Back at it soon!
What is it. Sorry I do not know much about other brands... I mean I know it's a Yamaha. Which Yamaha?

Reactions: sharp
D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
Congrats on the new ride
I'm a member on the Hotrod forum from when I had my Viking
That's a good group of guys over there also
It's ran by JBS

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congrats on the new ride
I'm a member on the Hotrod forum from when I had my Viking
That's a good group of guys over there also
It's ran by JBS
Thank you I think we'll be happy. No big build this time that's for the Pioneer so probably won't be spending much time over there but I'm sure it's a good group too.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yxz is bad ass if you got lots of open space or dirt roads but anyone that knows me knows I ride hard in tight stuff and the Yxz can't do it. Not that I can't handle it but I'm not gunna ride pos dunes and dirt roads.
Wolverine can. We can ride the s*** out of it where we ride. Not scared of the power in fact I'd like it but wolverine can be 70hp. Huge following so lots of goods.
Now my opinion, incredible ride. The Spec stock is much smoother then Pioneer with good shocks it was a blast. Not as much power but damn smooth. Quit no seat heat and massive braking including good engine breaking. Fun ass rig. For a two seater it's fun.
Have you seen the factory GYTR kit with 40% gear reduction in 1st? Can cruise slow trails in 2nd & 3rd with it.

Yamaha’s New Torque Assist Gear Kit For The YXZ 1000R

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice, if I didnt need the room for 4-5 people, the Wolverine R-Spec would have been my choice as well. Unfortunately the Pioneer 1000-5 is the only machine out that can fit my entire family and not be a mile long.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Congrats, I think! Are you the proud owner of a Yamaha R Spec? Saw the test drive photos! But wasn't sure you had pulled the trigger! I find it hard to believe that Yamaha is staying stock:rolleyes: Your actions support your passion, and your passion demands mods! So, what is firsto_O

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!