swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Her face doesn't look like she's too sure about this....Yamaha .... can't say anything bad about Yamaha...now you get to see Yamahas accessories. Cause that thing is screaming mods.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Have you seen the factory GYTR kit with 40% gear reduction in 1st? Can cruise slow trails in 2nd & 3rd with it.

Yamaha’s New Torque Assist Gear Kit For The YXZ 1000R
I did spend a little time thumbing around. Gear are readily available but still brutal expensive and then the way to go would be the Se with the recluse clutch. By the time this was set up to hit the woods you could have two Wolverines.
The only advantage I saw for us was the sheer power. Most of the time that really couldn't be opened up.
Size is big concern as far as hauling and this could be loaded in the pickup which is a big plus. Kids and friends have to be able to ride the machine comfortably sometimes I have to set my own wants aside for this and there are only a couple in the group I'd allow to ride the Yxz. There are positives and negs on any rig, this one I'll miss a little power but that's it the ride and handling should make up for it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Her face doesn't look like she's too sure about this....Yamaha .... can't say anything bad about Yamaha...now you get to see Yamahas accessories. Cause that thing is screaming mods.
She wasn't excited but after some time she turned.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Congrats, I think! Are you the proud owner of a Yamaha R Spec? Saw the test drive photos! But wasn't sure you had pulled the trigger! I find it hard to believe that Yamaha is staying stock:rolleyes: Your actions support your passion, and your passion demands mods! So, what is firsto_O
Yes we bought it. Plumber had brought up a couple local to him cheaper and I had seen one on eBay close by. He offered to bring it up here for us. Said it gave him an excuse to come ride here. After talking a little everything else is history. One hell of a friend! So next week we get our machine and we will be able to ride with a friend and his family. Win win! It's an awesome day

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yes we bought it. Plumber had brought up a couple local to him cheaper and I had seen one on eBay close by. He offered to bring it up here for us. Said it gave him an excuse to come ride here. After talking a little everything else is history. One hell of a friend! So next week we get our machine and we will be able to ride with a friend and his family. Win win! It's an awesome day
That's great! :) But let's get back to the discussion on keeping it stock:rolleyes:. At the very least you are going to need a windshield, roof, and lights;) And I'm thinking...Why stop there!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's great! :) But let's get back to the discussion on keeping it stock:rolleyes:. At the very least you are going to need a windshield, roof, and lights;) And I'm thinking...Why stop there!
it comes with roof,winch,full buckets,bad ass piggy back shocks,full steel skid plate,arched a-arms,e brake no seat heat so that stuff is already done. 52 light-bar, backup lights with camera, rear winch,rock lights, light stereo and windshield is all I will add. This will not be the primary vehicle. I am tired of doing big builds for nothing I just want to ride

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's ok found this...
IMG 0698
Not bad!

C

Chooglin

it comes with roof,winch,full buckets,bad ass piggy back shocks,full steel skid plate,arched a-arms,e brake no seat heat so that stuff is already done. 52 light-bar, backup lights with camera, rear winch,rock lights, light stereo and windshield is all I will add. This will not be the primary vehicle. I am tired of doing big builds for nothing I just want to ride
Besides the awesome suspension, I think for the money , you are getting alot of extras that you would normally have to buy for other sxs's.

I have a feeling you will be putting alot more seat time in the Wolverine than you think!

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

One small thing to keep in mind is that the Wolverine has a wet clutch. It is centrifugal but it is still a wet clutch. If you are going to be doing a bunch of really slow riding, you might want to look at adding weights to the clutch arms so that they engage faster and you won't slip it as bad and wear it out early. There are several companies that make them and it is a really easy install, they fit right in the balancing holes in the clutch arms. If you aren't going to be going really slow, I wouldn't worry about it.

Please keep us in the loop on it. I would be interested to see how much you like or don't like about it.

My brother is in the market and he was very intent on getting a Wolverine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!