BOX1

P500 Back Up Camera

czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Everyone, I just got my wire harness in 08Z02-HL3-A00 . Now I need some information on how and where you hook it up on the P500. Been looking on utube with no luck. I know its here somewhere because this was where I got the Part #. Thanks in advance

Wait I think I found it on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
D

Duckhunt

If you still need assistance it's under the hood on right side (left looking back) a red cap comes off the machine harness and that harness plugs in. Should be under that cross sq tube if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Well that didn't work out. The Harness #08Z02-HL3-A00 must be wrong. I hooked the new harness black connector to 12v socket just fine. The green connector fits nothing in that area. I would think it was suppose to connect to the M/T A/T switch since it is now not hot. This is what it said to do.... First remove the "hood" and look at the firewall. You have to unplug the black plug from the back of the power socket (cigarette lighter plug) and the green plug that's in the center (just back trace the wire). Then plug the black connector of the new harness onto the back of the power socket and the green to the green connector you just unplugged the old harness from. I couldn't get the plastic anchor to let me remove the old wiring, so it's still in there. The important things to note are the new wires sticking out. The white with black stripe is 12 VDC + (two of them) and the green is 12 VDC - (one male plug). Attach your new devices to the harness for key switched power. Be careful total draw doesn't exceed 10 amps or you'll blow a fuse. If you up-size the fuse, you'll melt wires. Relays are your friends.

D

Duckhunt

Well that didn't work out. The Harness #08Z02-HL3-A00 must be wrong. I hooked the new harness black connector to 12v socket just fine. The green connector fits nothing in that area. I would think it was suppose to connect to the M/T A/T switch since it is now not hot. This is what it said to do.... First remove the "hood" and look at the firewall. You have to unplug the black plug from the back of the power socket (cigarette lighter plug) and the green plug that's in the center (just back trace the wire). Then plug the black connector of the new harness onto the back of the power socket and the green to the green connector you just unplugged the old harness from. I couldn't get the plastic anchor to let me remove the old wiring, so it's still in there. The important things to note are the new wires sticking out. The white with black stripe is 12 VDC + (two of them) and the green is 12 VDC - (one male plug). Attach your new devices to the harness for key switched power. Be careful total draw doesn't exceed 10 amps or you'll blow a fuse. If you up-size the fuse, you'll melt wires. Relays are your friends.
Yeah that might actually be the wrong part number. I never checked before. 08Z08-HL5-A00 is for a 500. Looks like yours is for a 700 or something.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!