P500 Back windows = better dust control?

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I've found that going along dry gravel/forestry roads at speed :rolleyes: I get a huge amount of dust coming in. It's not as bad when on tight trails at lower speeds. I can control it a bit by raising my windshield (Honda OEM) as far as it will go so the wind comes in and breaks the vacuum effect that sucks the dust in behind you. At least I think that's what happens. Does installing a rear window help at all or is it a waste of money?

G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500
Which rear panel,errrr, rear window, gets the thumbs-up from you guys ? I would like to install one too...

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I've ordered an Octane Dust Stopper Rear Mesh which should arrive this week. It's half the cost of the OEM vinyl rear window and it may be a waste of money but I'll report back after I try it out.

Reactions: GreenBush
G

GreenBush

Jun 3, 2018
The Motor City !!
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking around right now and I see Tusk offers one.... Under $70 shipped...not too bad..

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like the zipper flap on OEM, don’t know if others have it.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I made a rear panel from 3mm thick UHMW along with Lexan roof and sealed behind the seat with truckers synthetic tarp. Works as good as can be expected, although it does keep the heat from engine in. So I also installed a small fan and 3” aluminum tubing for water craft venting under the seat to blow hot air out the rear of the machine, with manual switch works great. It just never ends bahahahaa :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!