P1000m5 Backseat dust

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is a topic often discussed about Pioneer 1000-5, But the backseat dust in mine is almost unbearable for my kids. I have put a full windshield and back window on with dust deflectors on the front roll bars. Most of the dust seems to be coming up from underneath the machine. I know there a lot of open areas there so I’m planning on using some heat shield, neoprene, and weatherstripping to try to seal it up as best as possible. I will also be looking into a skid plate, but I just bought the machine. I’m being accessorized to death financially at the moment. Anyone have some idea Or pics of what they have done to try to keep the dust out of the backseat? To get use out of the machine for where I’m located I have to travel on gravel roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is a topic often discussed about Pioneer 1000-5, But the backseat dust in mine is almost unbearable for my kids. I have put a full windshield and back window on with dust deflectors on the front roll bars. Most of the dust seems to be coming up from underneath the machine. I know there a lot of open areas there so I’m planning on using some heat shield, neoprene, and weatherstripping to try to seal it up as best as possible. I will also be looking into a skid plate, but I just bought the machine. I’m being accessorized to death financially at the moment. Anyone have some idea Or pics of what they have done to try to keep the dust out of the backseat? To get use out of the machine for where I’m located I have to travel on gravel roads.

I use a “bug buster” windscreen, it does crap for rain but does what it’s called which is stop bugs and small objects.

It’s great in summer because doesn’t stop airflow, so it cooler and “most” of the dust is simply blown backwards

It’s an open cab vehicle it’s going to be dusty, but the windshield even with a back panel, creates a low pressure area behind it that pulls dust into it and lets it settle.

Reactions: JTW
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went to the local junkyard and picked up some door seals to put on edge of fender area 51788e3c92f3324cc31351292fd846265ea86c39b14e09372dd976eccc23bb73

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also got a seal from along the front edge of cowling to put under the bed on top of floor panel where it comes up to the bottom of the bed2c0048245d7f21eebb1e00373fb05ae753457771ce2ae1f0d88b47c6966691f4

Reactions: BWAF
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still need to find a seal that will fill the front and bottom edges of the rear doors. What I have in there now did cut down on the dust quite a bit and also blocks the rear tire spray from coming in when traveling wet roads.

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still need to find a seal that will fill the front and bottom edges of the rear doors. What I have in there now did cut down on the dust quite a bit and also blocks the rear tire spray from coming in when traveling wet roads.

Are you using an adhesive to make the stripping hold or are you using screws on the frame and those plastic push rivets or pens on the plastic? I picked up some adhesive and weatherstripping to try around my doors and it fell off overnight. Nothing seems to want to stick to the textured plastic.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you using an adhesive to make the stripping hold or are you using screws on the frame and those plastic push rivets or pens on the plastic? I picked up some adhesive and weatherstripping to try around my doors and it fell off overnight. Nothing seems to want to stick to the textured plastic.

I bought some 3m weatherstrip adheasive but never used it they've held really well by themselves. Just to clarify, the seals I used are the door seals that go on the pinch weld that runs around the door opening and along the front edfe of cowling to seal along the back edge of the hood

tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Aug 6, 2017
North Platte, Nebraska
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have been experimenting multiple ideas and here is what I've came up with. First I'm running an OEM 3/4 split front windshield. After a few test runs with the front window open I noticed the air flow running up the windshield and continuing along the bottom side of hard OEM top and then circling in the back leaving a constant dust bowl. If the back rear panel is down it helps some but still dust. So using the center roll bar I attached the deflectors between the top and the center roll bar, I believe it is a game changer at this time but time will tell.
Purchase large deflector from Manards
IMG 3870

Pulled apart and cut wood blocks to match arch of deflector and partial circle to match roll bar.
IMG 3864

Painted black and installed with sheet metal strap holding to roll bar with sheet rock screws into the would blocks'. Installed one each side which deflects the air from the top down toward the back seats. We have notice a big change in the back seats or box concerning dust. One pictures is directly above the front passenger and the other directly above the driver. Picture below is forward looking back.
IMG 3867
IMG 3865

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much dust in the cab without a windshield. My kids like wearing helmets and goggles

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It's an open cab vehicle so dust is gonna be an issue but we run a super atv split windshield and really have no complaints. If it's really dry we get dust off of gravel roads but bearable. We also have an overhead stereo unit that does away with the rear lip of hard roof so we have nothing to really make the air swirl off the back either. That might be why ours does well.

Reactions: Camp and BWAF
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Weed seed thru a pasture is our biggest problem would love to seal the bottom of rear doors. Last trip we could of planted a few acres from what accumulated on the floorboards. And cleaning radiator is a pia

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weed seed thru a pasture is our biggest problem would love to seal the bottom of rear doors. Last trip we could of planted a few acres from what accumulated on the floorboards. And cleaning radiator is a pia

Screen door screen from a hardware store tastefully mounted in front of the radiator will help with the seed issue.

Reactions: O2bsmitty and BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I read where someone was stuffing a foam pool noodle in the front of the bed to keep it out between there.

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think I am going to try Tumbleweeds idea. What can it hurt?

Heat and dust are the biggest downfall for the 1000.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Screen door screen from a hardware store tastefully mounted in front of the radiator will help with the seed issue.
I was gonna take your advice on the screen but how in the world do you get the screen into the radiator without tearing front end apart.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!