BOX1

Bad OHV Publicity In Wickenburg, AZ

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
While there are thousands of miles of trails in this general area, one of the most popular destinations people seek out is Wickenburg's Box Canyon. Unfortunately, idiots have succeeded in stirring up a hornet's nest with the locals by trashing the place, even leaving buckets of human waste behind. "The Box", as we call it locally, has come close to being shut down by BLM before. Naturally, there are locals who just hate off-road vehicles of any kind, and would complain anyway, but clearly there is reason to complain. As a life-long off-roader this makes me sick. Please folks, pack out your trash, and show respect for folks who live nearby, no matter where you ride. Please pass it along.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
While there are thousands of miles of trails in this general area, one of the most popular destinations people seek out is Wickenburg's Box Canyon. Unfortunately, idiots have succeeded in stirring up a hornet's nest with the locals by trashing the place, even leaving buckets of human waste behind. "The Box", as we call it locally, has come close to being shut down by BLM before. Naturally, there are locals who just hate off-road vehicles of any kind, and would complain anyway, but clearly there is reason to complain. As a life-long off-roader this makes me sick. Please folks, pack out your trash, and show respect for folks who live nearby, no matter where you ride. Please pass it along.

Always have and take an extra garbage bag for others trash left behind.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately it seems to be a trend in recent years.

People have no respect for others or the outdoors.
They leave trash, trespass on private property, do donuts in parking lots, and don’t clean up after themselves.

Instead of carrying a trash bag for their stuff they leave it wherever they are done with it. We tend to leave the trails with more than we packed in because we pick up trash.

Property is being closed off everywhere because of these idjits.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I always pick up 5-10 items during the day, how tough can it be - you brought it in, you can bring it out. The gun guys are doing the same thing in AZ, once a gun friendly state and because of bad behavior things are changing and areas are getting shut down. I was at my campsite last week and some jackass in a SxS burned a donut right in front of my open camper door. Pissed me right the hell off and he did it again on his way back through.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

As someone else said, it's mostly the younger people. The kids who do it because it's the current cool thing to do. No respect for anything and a sense of entitlement. Maybe they should shut it down for a while. And hand out tickets.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As someone else said, it's mostly the younger people. The kids who do it because it's the current cool thing to do. No respect for anything and a sense of entitlement. Maybe they should shut it down for a while. And hand it tickets.
No the government should stay out of it they are involved in too much anyway, the responsible riders should take the irresponsible riders out behind the woodshed and beat them with a rubber hose. Some old school discipline would not hurt, the American male has become pusified and entitled they have grown up not having to earn a single thing in their life or even have to take care of themselves. This is not just a millennial problem, some Gen X and boomers are included too.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
No the government should stay out of it they are involved in too much anyway, the responsible riders should take the irresponsible riders out behind the woodshed and beat them with a rubber hose. Some old school discipline would not hurt, the American male has become pusified and entitled they have grown up not having to earn a single thing in their life or even have to take care of themselves. This is not just a millennial problem, some Gen X and boomers are included too.
^^^this^^^

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I agree 100%, and it is absolutely not just kids, but not only do these drunken, negligent idiots abuse the open land we are blessed to have access to, many of these same fools come out to the desert to also abuse their 2A rights, just stopping any old place and blasting away with zero regard for backstop terrain, and who may be in range, then leave all their brass laying around. The only thing worse than a drunken idiot is an armed drunken idiot, and approaching them to plead your case can cause things to quickly unravel.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I agree 100%, and it is absolutely not just kids, but not only do these drunken, negligent idiots abuse the open land we are blessed to have access to, many of these same fools come out to the desert to also abuse their 2A rights, just stopping any old place and blasting away with zero regard for backstop terrain, and who may be in range, then leave all their brass laying around. The only thing worse than a drunken idiot is an armed drunken idiot, and approaching them to plead your case can cause things to quickly unravel.
Yep. I won't confront anyone anymore over anything unless its worth killing over. Because thats the situation it creates when u confront someone. I don't know how to fix it but I don't wanna go to prison over some f***ing punk.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

To clarify I did not mean confront a random person and and start crap there are better ways to handle things. Tell them they dropped something if they leave it pick it up. Doing the right thing is the right thing. We all should lead by example and if there is someone in our group then we take them out behind the woodshed and beat them with a rubber hose.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
To clarify I did not mean confront a random person and and start crap there are better ways to handle things. Tell them they dropped something if they leave it pick it up. Doing the right thing is the right thing. We all should lead by example and if there is someone in our group then we take them out behind the woodshed and beat them with a rubber hose.
Haven't we all been leading by example for years?

No...it's not just kids, but it's mostly the 20-30's who bought RZR's and can-ams with 5 light bars and blasting music, being towed by trucks with the ass squated down before there is ever a load on it. Hat turned backwards.
They grew up with thousands of miles of trails leading everywhere, to the point that it is expected and Not a special thing to them...if they even care about the trails at all (it's just a party boat to many, minus the water).

But as @1HasBeen said, if you want to see a REAL mess, go to the shooting spots and you'll be amazed that anything is left open to ride.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Tuesday's collection :(

I tqd66DL XL

J

JTW

In today’s day and age they’re liable to scream “hit me harder daddy” “oh yeah, give me the hose behind your wood shed!!”

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!