BOX1

Where to ride in Texas >50inches

J

Jimbo77386

Sep 15, 2016
Spring, TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
New poster here. I have a 700P4 which i have used strictly on deer leases so far. I am wondering if there are any public lands in SE/Central Texas where i can ride trails (Not much of a mudder). My 700P4 is >50 inches wide so it sounds like I may be very limited as most are for <50in width.

Thanks in advance.

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
New poster here. I have a 700P4 which i have used strictly on deer leases so far. I am wondering if there are any public lands in SE/Central Texas where i can ride trails (Not much of a mudder). My 700P4 is >50 inches wide so it sounds like I may be very limited as most are for <50in width.

Thanks in advance.
Tramguage1 hit the best spot I know for "no mud" riding and that is Hidden Falls. Since you are in Spring, you could try Creekside Off Road Park in Splendora when the weather hasn't been too wet (minimal rain for 2 weeks+). You can ride trails all day and not dive into mud holes if you don't want to. It's best to buddy up with some others to test the waters in some places (some look deep but aren't and have hard bottom). It is becoming my favorite place actually. General Sam's in Huntsville is working on fixing up their trails, but they aren't there yet. Look up Texas Parks and Wildlife's OHV section for trails in West Texas if you want to make the journey.

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Thanks in advance.
Hey Jimbo77386 (and anyone else in area), We went to General Sam's Saturday and they have REALLY fixed up the trails with the dozer. We made/putted the complete ring road loop in under 30 minutes. Pretty smooth and all the nasty holes were either filled or bypassed. They got a lot of the interior "roads" smoothed out too. Still plenty of side trails to test your metal though. Heading back for a day over holiday weekend.

RockR

RockR

Hammer Down Trail Hound
Lifetime Member
Apr 15, 2019
SE Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here at Creekside in Splendors today. Place is loaded with Pioneers of all shapes and sizes. More than I've usually run across anyway. Hope you are out riding somewhere.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Are you tracking that event at Hidden Falls somewhere on this forum? I'd definitely be interested.
Sorry I just now saw this post. I will tag you in the discussion about Texas riders.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!