P1000 Basic upgrade Suggestions

Lee78

Lee78

Nov 26, 2020
Harrogate tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys this is my first post so here goes. I've had a 2016 pioneer deluxe 10005 since they came out. Its been my occasional 4 wheel/ hunting rig since day one. When I got it not alot of aftermarket stuff was out for it but since joining the site I see now there are a ton!! Its tagged so i can drive it on county roads here in east TN. I do all my riding and hunting in Tackett creek as I've grown up less than 5 miles from it my whole life. Now I wana do a few upgrades and need some opinions.
1. 3inch SATV lift or 6inch
Price difference is huge but is the 3 inch reall worth it to run 28s
2. Do I need the SATV frame stiffner? I've ridden in some rough places and haven't had any major issues yet but hey you guys know you're stuff
3. Tires. This could be a wormhole but I ride quite a bit in the summer on the road but all year long in the woods. Brands I've looked at: tusk terabytes radial, Gbc Dirt Comander2, Gbc Mongrel radial. Any other suggestions please give me some!!
4. Rims was thinking of keeping stock rims would this work on 28s or 30s depending on lift I get? If not in your experience whats good.

Well I know that's alot and very open to peoples personal preferences and experiences but hey just paid the thing off and have been thinking of upgrading some. I know I've came to the right place so any info would

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys this is my first post so here goes. I've had a 2016 pioneer deluxe 10005 since they came out. Its been my occasional 4 wheel/ hunting rig since day one. When I got it not alot of aftermarket stuff was out for it but since joining the site I see now there are a ton!! Its tagged so i can drive it on county roads here in east TN. I do all my riding and hunting in Tackett creek as I've grown up less than 5 miles from it my whole life. Now I wana do a few upgrades and need some opinions.
1. 3inch SATV lift or 6inch
Price difference is huge but is the 3 inch reall worth it to run 28s
I’d skip an actual lift kit, they make the ride really rough. A lot of us have done spacer lifts instead or adjusted the preload if you have upgraded shocks.
2. Do I need the SATV frame stiffner? I've ridden in some rough places and haven't had any major issues yet but hey you guys know you're stuff
Frame stiffener won’t hurt, @CumminsPusher can speak more on this.
3. Tires. This could be a wormhole but I ride quite a bit in the summer on the road but all year long in the woods. Brands I've looked at: tusk terabytes radial, Gbc Dirt Comander2, Gbc Mongrel radial. Any other suggestions please give me some!!
Tusk Terrabites seems to be popular and ITP Terrahooks.
4. Rims was thinking of keeping stock rims would this work on 28s or 30s depending on lift I get? If not in your experience whats good.
@Hondasxs runs stock wheels with 30’s and goes all over the place with them.

Well I know that's alot and very open to peoples personal preferences and experiences but hey just paid the thing off and have been thinking of upgrading some. I know I've came to the right place so any info would
Click expand to see my answers.

Reactions: Isaiah and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome from South FL!

We like pics!!!
#NTC

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. My take on the lift is why install it if 28's don't rub.Of course it depends on the type of tire and other accessories. I have 28 Bighorn 2.0's on mine and no rubbing. I have 9 inch width on the front and 11 inch on the rear. They are mounted on 5+2 x 14 inch wheels and I run 1 inch wheel spacers in the rear to make the rear track as wide as the front. I always thought a lift kit would make the machine more top heavy, but that's just me.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome, I’m new also but I can tell you it’s getting addicting.

Reactions: JenElio
Lee78

Lee78

Nov 26, 2020
Harrogate tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a few pics of my ride. She's 100% stock but has gotten the job done always when I needed her. Mopower so 28s will fit on stock machine with no lift? I like that idea. I just don't wanna get tires that would screw with the transmission. Plus lift kinda made me think of being top heavy as well. 100% of my rides are in the Mountains.

20180105 124641 20180127 140534 20170519 135838 20170217 155302 20170217 155249 20170217 155210

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Lee78

Lee78

Nov 26, 2020
Harrogate tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Mississippi. My take on the lift is why install it if 28's don't rub.Of course it depends on the type of tire and other accessories. I have 28 Bighorn 2.0's on mine and no rubbing. I have 9 inch width on the front and 11 inch on the rear. They are mounted on 5+2 x 14 inch wheels and I run 1 inch wheel spacers in the rear to make the rear track as wide as the front. I always thought a lift kit would make the machine more top heavy, but that's just me.
28s fit on stock machine? I like that idea alot!

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as your tire picks go. I am running the terrabites and I think they are a good all around tire. They dont hook up in the snow and mud like a bighorn style but are a lot smoother out on the road but get the job done. Mongrels are very similar in design and function in my opinion. Ditto on the no lift with 28s. I am running a 30 with highlighter front arms only and no lift.

Reactions: Lee78
Lee78

Lee78

Nov 26, 2020
Harrogate tn
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as your tire picks go. I am running the terrabites and I think they are a good all around tire. They dont hook up in the snow and mud like a bighorn style but are a lot smoother out on the road but get the job done. Mongrels are very similar in design and function in my opinion. Ditto on the no lift with 28s. I am running a 30 with highlighter front arms only and no lift.
So you just did the front a arms does the rear rub at all with the 30's and no lift in the back?

RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the control arms in the front do not lift it. They push the front tires forward 1.5 inches. No the rear ones do not rub. No modifications needed in the rear to fit 30s.

Reactions: Lee78

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!