P500 Battery box

L

lil_country

Feb 7, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Whoever designed that battery box should be drawn and quartered. Not only is it in a terrible position, and difficult to get to, but today when I tried to get into it to install my winch I could not get it off. The bottom bolt came off right away. However the top bolt just spun like a top. The stupid rectangular nut that was not supposed to turn was spinning. There is no room to get a finger back there, much less any tools. I tried prying against it to put pressure on the nut, but had no luck. After about 20 minutes I pried too hard and broke the flange off that the box attaches too. That's my rant for today.

I may have to replace my battery box, but you can be sure I will find a different way to secure the cover on the box.

Reactions: chrisC and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
HaHa
welcome......
design flaw...
agree...but:::::::::::::
mechanically flawless
IMO

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
A showroom floor. ..p5
...stock...is pretty butt UGLY. .
Once dressed up...BADASS..
Has its limits...CLIMBING..
is not one of them......
you'll make it..yours &
Soon forget about...the
F--KIN...stupid Battery Box

kenmo

kenmo

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2016
mayfield, ky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
lil_country, I think every p500 owner has done the same thing. I had to grind the top bolt out,and installed a new one. terrible design 4 sure

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!