Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Need to buy a 12 volt microprocessor battery charger for use with UTV as well as a marine deep cycle batteries. Saw the a CTEK and NOCO smart charger reviews. Like to stay under $100. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I know a slower charge
is...better for the battery.
I use .75 amp $10 trickle
charger...from Walmart.
Hard wired to p5...in
winter...plug it in the wall.
sounds like your lookin for
bigger one

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got a CTEK MUS 4.3. 8 step microprocessor functions. Selectable for Atv, auto, marine and AGM batteries. Comes standard on Corvettes and $$$ high end cars. Will see how it does on old Atv batteries. Also good for trickle charge use.

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I use a Battery Tender Plus. I have had it for about 5 years. I originally purchased it because it was the most popular charger on a car forum I am on, for AGM type batterys. It came with a "quick disconnect pigtail" that I have mounted on my Pioneer battery, and it just takes a few seconds to plug in and unplug. I move it back and forth between the Pioneer and a car that I do not drive very often. Works great.
I have no experience with it, and marine batterys. Amazon.com: Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery Charger is a Smart Charger, it will Fully Charge and Maintain a Battery at Proper Storage Voltage without the Damaging Effects Caused by Trickle Chargers: Automotive

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I use a Battery Tender Plus. I have had it for about 5 years. I originally purchased it because it was the most popular charger on a car forum I am on, for AGM type batterys. It came with a "quick disconnect pigtail" that I have mounted on my Pioneer battery, and it just takes a few seconds to plug in and unplug. I move it back and forth between the Pioneer and a car that I do not drive very often. Works great.
I have no experience with it, and marine batterys. Amazon.com: Battery Tender Plus 021-0128, 1.25 Amp Battery Charger is a Smart Charger, it will Fully Charge and Maintain a Battery at Proper Storage Voltage without the Damaging Effects Caused by Trickle Chargers: Automotive

Yeah..
big chargers not good for battery
all the time...slow charge is best
...mostly with smaller size batteries
for $10 a pop...
you can dangle one off everything
that needs it...
everybody got there own deal

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I use these on my truck and P5, the price is right and they won't harm your battery.
Installed the socket, so now I don't have to keep removing the battery cover, just plug in. 0000 battery tender junior charger mcssBattery socket

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The CTEK 4.3. charger is working great so far . It reconditioned and brought back an old lawn tractor battery in 24 hrs. that would not charge with a basic charger. Hopefully a 3 yr old Atv battery will come to life by tomorrow. Interesting high tech stuff for deep cycle, desulfurization and the pulse trickle charge feature. Came with both clamp and eyelet connectors on quick connect pigtails.

IMG 3862 IMG 3863

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The CTEK 4.3. charger is working great so far . It reconditioned and brought back an old lawn tractor battery in 24 hrs. that would not charge with a basic charger. Hopefully a 3 yr old Atv battery will come to life by tomorrow. Interesting high tech stuff for deep cycle, desulfurization and the pulse trickle charge feature. Came with both clamp and eyelet connectors on quick connect pigtails.

View attachment 40137 View attachment 40138
3 yr old atv/ utv...battery...
nothing but a problem. ...
I'd get a new battery
IMO

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lots of threads...about chargers
....& batteries. .with interesting
information. ..& knowledge

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 40137 View attachment 40138
Wat was the $.....

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yep, the old battery is from a 97 Polaris just sitting in the barn, a good test of the charger. $69 online, $89 at local auto store. Have 9 batteries to keep up with.

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yep, the old battery is from a 97 Polaris just sitting in the barn, a good test of the charger. $69 online, $89 at local auto store. Have 9 batteries to keep up with.
Kool....
my neighbors barn...burnt down
from him charging an old battery
......just sayin

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I use these on my truck and P5, the price is right and they won't harm your battery.
Installed the socket, so now I don't have to keep removing the battery cover, just plug in.View attachment 40134View attachment 40135

I bought one of these not long ago cuz my cheapie tusk trickle charger gave up the ghost. The junior works awesome. I use it for my Harley. The tusk was showing the green light on but the bike was dead. Would barely turn over once. Put the junior on it and the next time I tried starting it, it fired up like the battery was new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
CTEK charger brought back a 2 and a 3 yr battery, found cigarette lighter plug and pigtail adapters as accessories.

IMG 3867

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!