Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wrong. Totally wrong.

I was busting your chops because you said asking other people (forum members) about their personal experiences with a particular product did not constitute research. It most certainly is part of researching.

You really need to learn how to focus. If you can, that is.

View attachment 392879
Smitty is actually pretty smart on suspension from his dirt bike racing days. He helped me with mine over the phone, he was spot on and got me in a good place quickly

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Smitty is actually pretty smart on suspension for his dirt bike racing days. He helped me with mine over the phone, he was spot on and got me in a good place quickly
I never said he wasn't. The only disagreement involves what does or does not constitute 'research' (and/or paying attention to what someone says, apparently).

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Beadlocks suck, mine leak like krazy. 😢

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Smitty is actually pretty smart on suspension from his dirt bike racing days. He helped me with mine over the phone, he was spot on and got me in a good place quickly
I forgot you letting me bend your ear for a while, shock set up is pretty simple, once you understand it. Rule # 1 don't mess with anything until you have the springs set right. Glad it worked out for you!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I forgot you letting me bend your ear for a while, shock set up is pretty simple, once you understand it. Rule # 1 don't mess with anything until you have the springs set right. Glad it worked out for you!
Rule #. 1 You are absolutely right about that. Seen a lot of people chase suspension woes and never make sure springs are set correctly or are even the right rate for them.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
L

like2crawl

Aug 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That is super cool. If you get a chance you should create a post about it and it's creation.
For those who inquired about my rear rack. I copied the idea from a picture I found on the internet. I purchased these clamps from Amazon.
Clamps

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082C6XJP5/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I purchased the cargo rack from Harbor freight and removed the part that goes into the receiver. (Just left it out while putting it together)
Carier

750 lb. Capacity Folding Cargo Carrier

I had some bar stock. I cut 4 pieces and welded them to the clamps. I am not a welder. I borrowed the neighbors welder. After practicing a few times, I welded the cut pieces on to the clamps. I put the cargo carrier on a table behind the buggy and used 2x4's to get the heighth right. I then cut 2 1/8" thick pieces of steel strap that I got from Home Depot to the lenghth I needed. Drilled and bolted it together. Here is a pic from the side that shows how it went together.

Rack

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!