L

like2crawl

Aug 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Long time lurker, first post.
I need to replace a rim. I have been thinking of purchasing beadlocks for some time now. I am not sure if I realy need them. I don't air down. Most of my riding is rocky or hardpack. I am considering them mostly because I ride in fairly remote areas and might need to limp out on a flat tire. I am married with children so I don't have room for a spare tire.
I know Pics.
20220923 145040

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know anything about beadlocks but a belated welcome to the club from East Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have beadlock vision wheels with SuperATV Intimidator tires. Prior to the beadlock I didn't have issues with popping a bead. However I purchased beadlocks for the same comfort of reassurance that you are looking for. Beadlocks make me feel more confident. I also carry multiple flat repair abilities. I also carry a spare.

I enjoy my beadlocks.

In all transparency I have not had bead issues with or without beadlocks on my pioneer.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Full disclosure - I do have beadlocks. Two of the five will not seal completely (leak @ bead), but I haven't spent a ton of time messing with them. I was warned ahead of time, still did it, still WOULD do it, but accept the known potential issues.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do have a question.

At first when I saw your picture I assumed you had a hitch mounted cargo basket. I looked closer and realized you have what appears to be a fold down from the ROPS cargo basket. What brand is it and how would someone obtain such a neat structure?

L

like2crawl

Aug 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
L

like2crawl

Aug 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I do have a question.

At first when I saw your picture I assumed you had a hitch mounted cargo basket. I looked closer and realized you have what appears to be a fold down from the ROPS cargo basket. What brand is it and how would someone obtain such a neat structure?
I made it. I saw a pic on the net and copied it. The ROPS clamps were purchased on Amazon. The Rack was a hitch mounted cargo basket I purchased at Harbor Freight.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Full disclosure - I do have beadlocks. Two of the five will not seal completely (leak @ bead), but I haven't spent a ton of time messing with them. I was warned ahead of time, still did it, still WOULD do it, but accept the known potential issues.
Might be your tires. My bead locks do not leak. I’ve read tusk tires do not go well with bead locks.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is crazy, mine have not leaked yet ever.

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made it. I saw a pic on the net and copied it. The ROPS clamps were purchased on Amazon. The Rack was a hitch mounted cargo basket I purchased at Harbor Freight.
That is super cool. If you get a chance you should create a post about it and it's creation.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That is crazy, mine have not leaked yet ever.
Mine either. But I don't have Tusk tires.
Already answered that, my friend!

"I was warned ahead of time, still did it, still WOULD do it, but accept the known potential issues."
Well I found a video from an expert from Elka shocks, took me 30 seconds to find it. Google Elka Stage 5 shock set up. Yea, Yea, Yea, it's not the same shock, but the principles apply to any shock, especially the spring preload adjustment. As hard headed as you are you may have to watch it 12 times for you to get it. This is the right way to set the spring. Happy researching.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Well I found a video from an expert from Elka shocks, took me 30 seconds to find it. Google Elka Stage 5 shock set up. Yea, Yea, Yea, it's not the same shock, but the principles apply to any shock, especially the spring preload adjustment. As hard headed as you are you may have to watch it 12 times for you to get it. This is the right way to set the spring. Happy researching.
What are you talking about? I don't need any shock or spring advice. I did my research. I bought my shocks. I bought different springs and swapped then before I installed them. I adjusted my preload several times, before and after multiple days of trail riding. Bro, you and FJB seem to have more in common than you think.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What are you talking about? I don't need any shock or spring advice. I did my research. I bought my shocks. I bought different springs and swapped then before I installed them. I adjusted my preload several times, before and after multiple days of trail riding. Bro, you and FJB seem to have more in common than you think.
You were busting my chops yesterday for telling the guy to go do some research on how to adjust his springs to the proper ride height, now you have it on video from an expert, just like I was telling him to do. Did you watch it? Well NO! If you would have you would know you were taking that guy down a wild goose chase. There are proven methods that you don't know about for things like this. Sometimes it's best to be quiet and ask questions. I gave him the right answer. You just came off with your pat answer/reply, know it all! Quit!

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have bead locks on my talon and haven’t had a problem. I check air pressure in spring and fall.

They usually need a couple psi but I haven’t had any issues. I like them because they give me peace of mind.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You were busting my chops yesterday for telling the guy to go do some research on how to adjust his springs to the proper ride height,
I don't think you were paying attention to what I said.

I was busting your chops because you said asking other people (forum members) about their personal experiences with a particular product did not constitute research. It most certainly is part of researching.

Focus!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!