P1000 Bed extender options

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As in all things pioneer it is time to consider another accessory (these things are accessory whores...) to accommadate back seat passengers and stil be able to carry some gear. I have looked through some old threads and see a little info on the factory extender and some others but wonder what people that have and use them think about them now that they have some time with them.

Does the factory bed extender easily remove so that it is not in the way when not in use? The installation instructions show an illistration that might indicate it will lift straight up and off if wanted??

Feed back would be great and thanks in advance!

Reactions: Isaiah
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
As in all things pioneer it is time to consider another accessory (these things are accessory whores...) to accommadate back seat passengers and stil be able to carry some gear. I have looked through some old threads and see a little info on the factory extender and some others but wonder what people that have and use them think about them now that they have some time with them.

Does the factory bed extender easily remove so that it is not in the way when not in use? The installation instructions show an illistration that might indicate it will lift straight up and off if wanted??

Feed back would be great and thanks in advance!
There is better 1s but the honda 1 works for me. It comes off easy.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the seizmik extender.
Unfortunately it hasn’t made it out of the garage yet so I can’t give too much of an opinion on it yet.
However I am very happy with the design of it. It fits tight and it doesn’t look like it will rattle. It won’t come off but it folds up pretty compact against the tailgate.
It feels super solid when it’s extended.

I had to remove the paint inside the hole where it latches in when I first installed it but other than that no problems installing.
9ff49b3918162a5410582e1efa4a1cce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is better 1s but the honda 1 works for me. It comes off easy.

So it just lifts off and can be stored out of the way when not in use? I would not need the extender very frequently so that would be a plus

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the seizmik extender.
Unfortunately it hasn’t made it out of the garage yet so I can’t give too much of an opinion on it yet.
However I am very happy with the design of it. It fits tight and it doesn’t look like it will rattle. It won’t come off but it folds up pretty compact against the tailgate.
It feels super solid when it’s extended.

I had to remove the paint inside the hole where it latches in when I first installed it but other than that no problems installing.
View attachment 182108

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one that caught my eye and looks pretty slick. Seems like it is very sturdy and not only adds storage space but looks like it would stiffen up the tailgate area as well

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
but looks like it would stiffen up the tailgate area as well
the tailgate is definitely stiffened up with it extended. when its locked in it isnt using the tailgate cables at all for support. in fact they get a little slack in them. the lower bracket attaches around the pivot point (steel tube) for the tailgate so none of the weight on the extender is transferred through the plastic parts of the tailgate. its really a pretty slick design

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So it just lifts off and can be stored out of the way when not in use? I would not need the extender very frequently so that would be a plus
Yes u just have to line the tabs up with the slots and it lifts right out.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm building my own. Intent is to use steel plate on the tail gate to strengthen it (badly needed) and add sleeves to pin the extender in for easy removal. I sized it to accommodate my rtic 65 with the rear seats flipped up. Sadly building a new corn & protein feeder and a new box blind has put this project on the back burner.
20200126 172059

Reactions: PineTree and Isaiah
N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Here is a link to my accessory mods and bed box extender

advertisement
weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm building my own. Intent is to use steel plate on the tail gate to strengthen it (badly needed) and add sleeves to pin the extender in for easy removal. I sized it to accommodate my rtic 65 with the rear seats flipped up. Sadly building a new corn & protein feeder and a new box blind has put this project on the back burner.
View attachment 182212
Great idea to fab your own to save some money because these store bought extenders are not cheap and some out there are quite spendy.
On a side note I see that you leveled out your tailgate with a diy rig...I like it! I know Honda set up the gate on an angle and I am sure they have a reason for it but I cant quite figure out why

Reactions: Isaiah and Hondoman
N8theGR8

N8theGR8

Oct 3, 2019
Central Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Great idea to fab your own to save some money because these store bought extenders are not cheap and some out there are quite spendy.
On a side note I see that you leveled out your tailgate with a diy rig...I like it! I know Honda set up the gate on an angle and I am sure they have a reason for it but I cant quite figure out why

Yes sir, i just used a $7 flat stainless bracket for the extension and drilled extra holes where I needed them. The one bracket made both. It is a strange set-up from Honda.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
[QUOTE="weelad, post: 593627, ...I know Honda set up the gate on an angle and I am sure they have a reason for it but I cant quite figure out why
[/QUOTE]

I believe its because it works better with the Honda bed extender when it's at a angle.

Reactions: Isaiah and weelad

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!