Bed extender

Jamie-in-WV

Jamie-in-WV

Lifetime Member
Mar 23, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
The reasons that my wife and I bought a new sxs was to have more room in the cab and more room in the bed than we had in our arctic cat. I also wanted no more belts to deal with and other reasons but I tried to justify buying a Talon. Yes it has more in the cab room but not any more bed room, so I told her I would fab a bed extension to it to allow the otterbox venture 45 cooler plus tools and other gear that would easy fit into the bed (minus cooler).
I'm no great at fabrication but I
IMG 0136
IMG 0137
IMG 0138
welded up square base and made some custom brackets to bolt down through the bed where the existing bed bolts wear and cut a 3/16 plate 31" x 32" and bolted it to the frame and now have what I think should workout fine for us, I still have the entire bed and my cooler sits just to outside of it to hold all other junk inside of bed.
The otterbox coolers are awesome they have 8 lockdown points that allow you custom make anchors to lock it down, that is what I'm fabricating now. It would suck to loose a cooler of cold adult beverages by just having it tied into bed.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I already have it to do I will shape it with the plasma cutter before I take it out, but first need to finish my cooler straps.
Immediately after seeing it, I could feel the pain in my hip from walking into it.
I haven't seen one of those coolers in the wild yet, Please snap some more pictures of it once it is tied down and installed.

Jamie-in-WV

Jamie-in-WV

Lifetime Member
Mar 23, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon R
They make the cooler(venture 45) in 12 or so color combinations and Cabala sell them for $349 you can buy directly from Otterbox for $299 ....I am silent partner in a gun shop/ atv accessories shop selling mostly guns and atv tires and I bought it at our cost and with only 1 color choice but it is a dandy cooler, I have a yeti and the Otterbox is better it's made in Colorado and lifetime warranty. It has locks that are easy to navigate even when alcohol has taken over.

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I love the way people think about wheeling.. "when alcohol has taken over".. shouldn't you not be driving at this point? I"m not picking solely on you for this comment.. but all too often we see it that wheeling and drinking goes hand in hand.. This is still a DUI anyway you cut it.. and you can still kill someone. end rant.. Nice set up though.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
First pic reminds me of my six pack rack on my 2000 model 400EX! Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Great idea. Some detailed pics of the support brackets would be nice. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!