P1000 Bed Rattle

J

Jdiehl7

Sep 21, 2018
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How do i adjust the latch to get rid of this annoying azz rattle?

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s a never ending battle my fiend. Try some lithium Grease on the latch Some have used some electrical tape to silence it but it wares off in time so does the grease. Dust and mud makes that bed squeak, it’s been driving me ape chit since 16’ lol. I use grease till it wares off. You can adjust the jams but it’s a tight tolerance and if your off it won’t latch.

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a latch on each side of the bed. Each D shaped latch ring is held on with 2 bolts that have enough play in them when loosened that allow you to move them up or down depending to take out the play. This will take a bit of trial and error to get them just right but it can be done. Mine is now quiet, but you have to slam it for the latch to fully engage.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My bed squeak went away when I zip tied the handles on both sides down to the seat belt bracket. Yeah I have to cut zip ties if I need to dump the bed but my seats stay up so only time I dump bed is for service and it’s well worth it not to hear that squeak. I carry extra zip ties and side cutters on rides.

Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey

Jan 17, 2019
Al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the giant shrink wrap around the latches. Did the trick.

Reactions: BWAF
Tyrod

Tyrod

May 4, 2016
Ms
My bed rattle stops completely if I leave the tailgate down... when I can leave it down.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a latch on each side of the bed. Each D shaped latch ring is held on with 2 bolts that have enough play in them when loosened that allow you to move them up or down depending to take out the play. This will take a bit of trial and error to get them just right but it can be done. Mine is now quiet, but you have to slam it for the latch to fully engage.

This. Did mine over two years ago and it’s still holding up. No rattles from the bed. Takes a little bit more oomph to lower the dump bed than it used to but it’s well worth it to not have to listen to the rattles.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This. Did mine over two years ago and it’s still holding up. No rattles from the bed. Takes a little bit more oomph to lower the dump bed than it used to but it’s well worth it to not have to listen to the rattles.

Yours may have been the post that I got my idea from! If so thanks it worked great.

N

NC-MACK

Jun 29, 2019
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I adjusted the bed latches and they calmed down some of the rattle, now the back door latches seem to be the source of a good amount of noise, I'll figure out those little buggers next!

advertisement
E

Evan

Jan 22, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
I did a quick ugly fix woth large diameter heat shrink tubing bought at fastenal (but anywhere would with this size and adhesive lined). This pretty well stopped my rattle issues other than doors not being fully latched sometimes. This rig is wicked quite now over the rough stuff so the engine and tranny noised are more pronounced instead of the damn bed squeeling and knocking. 20190811 095642

This was done about a month ago and we've put about 300miles on since so it is wearing for sure but with 5 tubes in the pack and 1/2 tube used each time I'll just keep replacing it as needed. 20190811 095620 HDR 20190811 095511

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My right rear hinge rattles on my bed. It's very annoying when idling. Any way to fix it?

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My right rear hinge rattles on my bed. It's very annoying when idling. Any way to fix it?

Search " Custom Roll Cage " Post #12 Delton shows a photo of a spring tensioner that he came up with and is using on his machine.
I purchased the following: McMaster-Carr and intend to install my own to stop the bed rattle. Its possible that the spring tension might also be enough to stop the hinge from vibrating. Its the Vibration-Damping Leveling Mounts

SteveinUT

SteveinUT

Sep 12, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put some rubber stick on snubbers on the frame where the factory rubber block contacts the frame when the bed is down. It made the bed fit tight enough that I have to sorta slam the bed to get it to latch, but it quieted the bed down a LOT. Like these, altho I'm sure just about any rubber snubber would do.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don’t dump my bed often so I installed a small light duty ratchet strap on mine and pull it down fairly tight.....

Rattles are gone and it’s about 5 minutes to remove it for dumping......

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use 1/4” or 3/8” clear plastic fuel line wrapped and taped around the bed latches ( 2) one on each side. Then at the bed release handles on each side I run a zip tie through the hole in the frame and around the release handle and tighten it down real good. One other thing that I did is where the bed sets on the frame blocks I added another thickness of self adhesive foam tape just too take up a bit more space, again (2) locations.
Driving down a washboard road I have ZERO rattles from the bed. Waiting for my Honda Engineer royalty check, still!
@Delton has a great solution. I just haven’t done it yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!