P1000m3 Bed Tool/Storage Box

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Yea, @Koda has that - it is pretty cool too.

I am downsizing now. I used to carry a water resistant box that took up a good bit of the bed. I have been purging my carriables lately and currently I am down to 2 ridgid cases that are waterproof and dust proof. You can pick them up at Home depot

1st box sits on bottom and holds tools and whatnots
View attachment 75534

2nd box sits on top of the 1st and is more for some dry storage (trail food etc)
View attachment 75533
Then If I need to add more storage for soft items I will use a dry bag.

Eventually I will do the door mod that @joeymt33 and @ohanacreek have done and maybe get rid of one of those.
I've got a number of these boxes. They are the best of the breed in my opinion. I use one on the tongue of my trailer for it's toolbox. Haven't got water in it yet.

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picking up some metal this afternoon ...
Rear door storage made this possible to use for food and “stuff” alone. Tools/parts/recovery gear is all in rear doors with room to spare.

Dcccae3685923e20066726cb2ff170b9

D10edd30ab6d3d2fc2f5ab09739e16c5

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I am downsizing now. I used to carry a water resistant box that took up a good bit of the bed. I have been purging my carriables lately and currently I am down to 2 ridgid cases that are waterproof and dust proof. You can pick them up at Home depot

View attachment 75534

2nd box sits on top of the 1st and is more for some dry storage (trail food etc)
View attachment 75533

Eventually I will do the door mod that @joeymt33 and @ohanacreek have done and maybe get rid of one of those.
I know this is a year old but how are the rigid boxes holding up and are they actually waterproof?

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is a year old but how are the rigid boxes holding up and are they actually waterproof?
Good, they have not gotten water in them as of yet and I power wash them at the same time I do the Honda. Hold up really well. There are a few other guys on here that have come up with some more creative ways of securing them down. @ohanacreek @GlockMeister @Kilo427. Hopefully one day someone will just come up with a mount for the Honda bed for sale (hint hint @knuckledeep )

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 2x8 slides in the slots in bed u could use the second slot and have a bigger area for a tool box that could store more than just tools and still have enough room for a cooler

Reactions: TripleB
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 130361 This is what i did its a cheap fix keeps stuff from sliding gaot a good tool box put in and nothing has gotten wet as of yet
The 2x8 slides in the slots in bed u could use the second slot and have a bigger area for a tool box that could store more than just tools and still have enough room for a cooler
1000-5 do not have that slot in their bed since it is convertible with the seats. - be cool if I did

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good, they have not gotten water in them as of yet and I power wash them at the same time I do the Honda. Hold up really well. There are a few other guys on here that have come up with some more creative ways of securing them down. @ohanacreek @GlockMeister @Kilo427. Hopefully one day someone will just come up with a mount for the Honda bed for sale (hint hint @knuckledeep )
No water dry as a bone

Edit: Mine haven’t come loose since I ditched the strap and used the plastic nutcerts in the bed.

There are several ways to hold them down this is the one I’m using right now because I had all the materials. They come out or go in in under 5mins and stayed put In Tackett and even around the track at Stony Lonesome.

P1000m5 - Rock Donkey

Last edited:
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am working on it sir just got a box to mess with and have a few ideas I will keep you updated

M

Mike_King

May 19, 2019
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm planning on building one out of wood. going to poly it then paint it. Going to use factory bolt holes like my Cooler rack. It will be a while before I do it but I have Ideas.

J

JTW

View attachment 75534

View attachment 75533

And here I thought @ohanacreek was the first ridged boxer.

Ps... @BigOL3 these are the boxes I spoke of.

Reactions: BigOL3
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And here I thought @ohanacreek was the first ridged boxer.

Ps... @BigOL3 these are the boxes I spoke of.

I'm not going back to see who posted first I don't care, give @Ragnar406 credit.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!