ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made an upgrade to the boxes in the bed.
If I stacked 3 small boxes on top of a medium box they shifted all over just using a strap.

Used some aluminum angle bolted to the box and then bolted that to the seat frame using nutcerts. They don’t move now and I can raise the seat if I need to. Which I needed to the last time I rode.

731A2E9A A60B 4FB4 8438 22FE3D74E0E1
7974750D A64C 47FF 92F0 F69E566EE728

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made an upgrade to the boxes in the bed.
If I stacked 3 small boxes on top of a medium box they shifted all over just using a strap.

Used some aluminum angle bolted to the box and then bolted that to the seat frame using nutcerts. They don’t move now and I can raise the seat if I need to. Which I needed to the last time I rode.

View attachment 101975
View attachment 101977
So you have to unbolt the aluminum to remove the box? I bought the same boxes after looking at your posts and I do have to strap them pretty tight.

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So after I broke the factory outer, I replaced it with an AllBalls axle I would buy from someone that had it lying around. I thought it’d be decent. Thought I’d save $30 and a few mins rebuilding.

I was wrong. We went for a nice easy ride at the ridge nothing more than green trails, no ruts nothing. 10miles later 3WD again, 1500miles of TN trails, 500miles of work around the house and AL trails and no issues with the factory so I rebuilt the factory.

Went to replace it and the AllBalls wouldn’t come out snatching on it, actually severely deformed the retaining ring in the inner cup. So I had to drive it out from the passenger side.

Lesson my learned no AllBalls.

45E64C54 0AB1 41FA 90FC 0EBEDE614B93
921F841C B0FB 45EF B479 AD76429DE426

EBDB1D8B C3B1 429E BA77 EAB668755B90

J

JTW

So after I broke the factory outer, I replaced it with an AllBalls axle I would buy from someone that had it lying around. I thought it’d be decent. Thought I’d save $30 and a few mins rebuilding.

I was wrong. We went for a nice easy ride at the ridge nothing more than green trails, no ruts nothing. 10miles later 3WD again, 1500miles of TN trails, 500miles of work around the house and AL trails and no issues with the factory so I rebuilt the factory.

Went to replace it and the AllBalls wouldn’t come out snatching on it, actually severely deformed the retaining ring in the inner cup. So I had to drive it out from the passenger side.

View attachment 109001
View attachment 109002

View attachment 109000
Rhino!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 109001
View attachment 109002

View attachment 109000
That's weird. I've got 2 all balls 8 in mine and not a problem. I guess I'm as more " refined" pilot than some.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh and I've never broken a factory axle just boots.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The factory was my fault. AllBalls I didn’t do anything that should have possibly broken it. All green trails.
That's weird. I've beat on mine pretty good between the overland, and mulberry. Hopefully it was a fluke.

Reactions: BWAF and Eltobgi
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's weird. I've beat on mine pretty good between the overland, and mulberry. Hopefully it was a fluke.

Yeah Joey was telling me that. I really wasn’t remotely doing anything that should have torn it up. These were legit bunny trails.

The axle will still go before the diff
I KNOW the factory will, and I trust you in your immense knowledge of axle break points. I already ordered a factory and like I said it’s held up to me taking the “hard line” often. I’ll stay with the devil I know.

J

JTW

Yeah Joey was telling me that. I really wasn’t remotely doing anything that should have torn it up. These were legit bunny trails.

I KNOW the factory will, and I trust you in your immense knowledge of axle break points. I already ordered a factory and like I said it’s held up to me taking the “hard line” often. I’ll stay with the devil I know.
Lol..

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
600lbs of Fertilizer, 1000lbs of Lime, 80gallons of round up later...

Pisses me of I can't get the grass to grow in the yard but it'll grow through the 5" of crushnrun like its prime black garden soil.

Sprayer made from a 40gallon RV water tank...
E4DA96A3 FB9A 4FE8 87C1 17276B5AA196

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
600lbs of Fertilizer, 1000lbs of Lime, 80gallons of round up later...

Pisses me of I can't get the grass to grow in the yard but it'll grow through the 5" of crushnrun like its prime black garden soil.

Sprayer made from a 40gallon RV water tank...
View attachment 116941

I chuckled reading this but I feel your pain sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now what after you broke a factory axel right away. Think something is out of line? To go from no broke axels to 3 now... what's going on?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now what after you broke a factory axel right away. Think something is out of line? To go from no broke axels to 3 now... what's going on?

I think the All balls was weak it was nothing but green bunny trails and it never popped just got worse and worse all day until it finally stopped transferring power to the wheel and started making racket.

I think it had 1500rough miles on the other original factory front and two trips where it was doing all the work on the front. I was backing straight up in 4WD not 4Lock so I think it had just taken a lot of extra abuse as the solo front.

I have a brand new full spare front on my workbench I was going to kee as a spare for Takeover. I now have an AllBalls 8Ball on it for now I bought from a Joey since it took a few good rough trails I couldn’t give it back in good conscience and I have a factory front outer on the way I am going to rebuild the right front and keep the all-balls with me at Takeover and the factory in the truck.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I chuckled reading this but I feel your pain sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a big yard and a long driveway come lots of maintenance. Wish I hadn’t made the green areas as big. I’ll concrete about 40% of the driveway after I put the pool in, build my shop, and In-laws apartment. I haven’t because the heavy equipment to do all of that would destroy a concrete or asphalt driveway.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the All balls was weak it was nothing but green bunny trails and it never popped just got worse and worse all day until it finally stopped transferring power to the wheel and started making racket.

I think it had 1500rough miles on the other original factory front and two trips where it was doing all the work on the front. I was backing straight up in 4WD not 4Lock so I think it had just taken a lot of extra abuse as the solo front.

I have a brand new full spare front on my workbench I was going to kee as a spare for Takeover. I now have an AllBalls 8Ball on it for now I bought from a Joey since it took a few good rough trails I couldn’t give it back in good conscience and I have a factory front outer on the way I am going to rebuild the right front and keep the all-balls with me at Takeover and the factory in the truck.
Thought maybe @JTW rubbed off on you a little too much :eek: