40ABC805 8198 4231 B82F 37393B55C430

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only happend one time for me. That was when i had one set just for the front that was 4 years ago. I now have 2 sets front and rear 4 straps (recommended) for that trailer. You have to and should ratchet as tight as u can ro keep them tight. My cabin has a stretch of road for 10 miles thats rough as Hemorrhoids and they never come off. Ive drivin 500 miles to RRB a few times and no issues. My TH has ETrac and i use the same straps in there and went to Colorado 1,200 mile trip and never came loose.. Sure u can use the basket ones, (expensive) but if you just use 4 of the single straps and make sure there good and tight your fine. 4 years this way and roughly over 70k miles with them. I think im good lol.
Oh good, i only have the set for the front but ordered another set for the rear, hopefully this is the key to this not happening again.

I really was tempted to just goto the Mac’s and not deal with it, I‘ve gone out to CO 3 times this year, 800+ miles one way each time. On the last trip home was when I constantly had issues, hopefully this solves it but if not I’ll just go to the Mac’s.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh good, i only have the set for the front but ordered another set for the rear, hopefully this is the key to this not happening again.
Yes it is! Sorry, didnt mean to ramble on that last response.
yeah, a set for the rears will take all your worries away. 👍

Reactions: tdhanses
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes it is! Sorry, didnt mean to ramble on that last response.
yeah, a set for the rears will take all your worries away. 👍
What was nice to find out though is that the chocks really do keep it in place, it may move side to side but it never popped over one.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What was nice to find out though is that the chocks really do keep it in place, it may move side to side but it never popped over one.
The trick is to let a little air out if the tire so when you ratchet them down, your pulling the strap more down on the tread molding the strap to it.

Reactions: tdhanses
HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Mar 31, 2017
Sierra Vista, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had nothing but good luck with the Ericksons, with the 700 and with the 1000. Just drug it about 350 miles one way and then back after a hunting trip. The Ericksons have never come loose on my yet.

Reactions: Montecresto
woodgrinder

woodgrinder

Jul 31, 2021
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
www.laguarddog.com this is the La Trailer Dog. Look up on their website or on YouTube. Secures to your trailer ball & fully lockable. Weld or bolt to your trailer floor. Love mine!
Have been looking at the LA Trailer dog. I am thinking of mounting a front receiver maybe KFI and attaching the trailer dog to the front of the trailer. I could still use a couple of straps in the rear if I wanted to. I am thinking it will add a little security also? What do you think hondabob64?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!