Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What is everybody doing? I looking for most efficient and quickest way to make it happen.
E-track with bonnets. Only way to go…👍

Reactions: Remington
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the tire straps best as well. The main key is to take the suspension out of the equation as much as possible - if you were strapping to the a-arms, for example, you'd want to strap as far out on the a-arm as possible, close to the tire.

The worst thing you can do is to strap from the bumpers to the trailer. This allows your machine suspension to flex with the ride, which will almost certainly cause it to shift around as you go.

BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee

Jan 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's the kit I've been looking at. What do you mean about quickness?
It's not as quick as straight straps to a couple tie down points, I have a friend that hauls in an enclosed trailer with just 1 forward and 1 back strap, he can be closing the door before I have my stuff layed out. For me, without an enclosed trailer I stash my straps in the truck. So I get back, roll up on the trailer, get everything out , it takes a minute or two to get the nets over the tires, tighten them all up. It all takes a few.

Reactions: ChadD and CID
advertisement
BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee

Jan 4, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It does sway some, I can't imagine it's more than a couple inches, I guess it would depend how fast you take the corners.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very old pic! Machine has drastically charged since then lol.
Same as @trigger and i still use them to this day and I use them on the eTrac in the TH.
View attachment 291163
And the link…..

Erickson 09160 Wheel Chock Tie-Down Kit Amazon.com: Erickson 09160 Wheel Chock Tie-Down Kit : Automotive
Just be careful if you ever drive on wash board, I’ve found the front tires move and then the single over strap falls off. The wheel chocks have kept it in place but I've left with the straps as tight as i can get them and then stopped to have one or both straps off the front tires when on rough roads.

I have theses exact ones from Erickson.

I wish the Mac’s had an etrack version of theirs.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's why I'm planning on getting the ones that basket over the tire. Those single straps make me nervous.

I believe there are options to do so with etrac(?)

I don't even have a dedicated trailer yet, but I've been looking. I have 1500 miles worth of trails 4 miles from the garage.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's why I'm planning on getting the ones that basket over the tire. Those single straps make me nervous.

I believe there are options to do so with etrac(?)

I don't even have a dedicated trailer yet, but I've been looking. I have 1500 miles worth of trails 4 miles from the garage.
I’m really jealous!! That’s pretty dang cool!

Reactions: CID
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just be careful if you ever drive on wash board, I’ve found the front tires move and then the single over strap falls off. The wheel chocks have kept it in place but I've left with the straps as tight as i can get them and then stopped to have one or both straps off the front tires when on rough roads.

I have theses exact ones from Erickson.

I wish the Mac’s had an etrack version of theirs.
Only happend one time for me. That was when i had one set just for the front that was 4 years ago. I now have 2 sets front and rear 4 straps (recommended) for that trailer. You have to and should ratchet as tight as u can ro keep them tight. My cabin has a stretch of road for 10 miles thats rough as Hemorrhoids and they never come off. Ive drivin 500 miles to RRB a few times and no issues. My TH has ETrac and i use the same straps in there and went to Colorado 1,200 mile trip and never came loose.. Sure u can use the basket ones, (expensive) but if you just use 4 of the single straps and make sure there good and tight your fine. 4 years this way and roughly over 70k miles with them. I think im good lol.

Reactions: Brmcg324
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!