P500 Best sealing windshield that tilts or vents

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
In everyone’s opinion what is the best windshield for the P500 that seals up nicely and can either fold down or tilt open? It’s very tough to decide on a windshield without seeing one.

Looking at a couple-the Honda OEM hard coat tip out. The utv windshield and accessories 1/4 MAR (hard coat) folding. And the clearly tough 3/16 scratch resistant. Also considering the direction 2 and the Kolpin which are pretty much samething as the OEM Honda. Then there’s also the versa vent by seizmik (I don’t think anyone here runs the versa vent) It’s a lot of money to drop without being able to see one in person. I want one that seals up fairly good and can fold down or tilt open providing adequate ventilation. Thanks guys for your help An input.

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda windshield and really like it
It opens with 2 levers and seals tight plus I just bought the doors and they are notched for that windshield I understand aftermarket windshield mounts in different spots so you need to consider other accessories you might want to add

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda windshield and really like it
It opens with 2 levers and seals tight plus I just bought the doors and they are notched for that windshield I understand aftermarket windshield mounts in different spots so you need to consider other accessories you might want to add

Thanks! That answers what I need to know. I do plan to get the doors some day down the road so the Honda windshield is what I should get then

Reactions: Chuckerbird
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda hardcoat and they are great, but whatever you decide get pay the extra for hardcoat, it is worth it.

Reactions: Mudder
MarlinWalker

MarlinWalker

Aug 25, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have the 1/4" MAR fold down windshield from utvwindshieldsandaccessories.com and it seals up pretty well. I really like the fact that not only can I fold it down for air flow but I'm not always stuck looking through a windshield, especially if it gets dirty out on the trail.

The only con I have seen with the fold down is that the piano hinge that it folds on can leak if heavy water is placed on the windshield. I haven't had it out in heavy rain yet but I ran the garden hose a cross it while it was up and water dripped pretty good through the hinge. I'm sure with rain it wouldn't be near as bad. I'm looking into some way of sealing it better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!