Best sub compact cordless impact for removing lugs?

H

HondaTech

M12 3/8 Stubby will kill anything out there.

Routinely takes off Pioneer and Talon hub nuts with 3/8-1/2 adapter and deep well impact socket. $279 with batteries.

Reactions: rtn001 and TripleB
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
To the OP...I definitely think if you don't already have some power tools brand that you already own, that it is important to think through what you all want and keep the tools in the same brand and battery setup. I have these with me on virtually every ride I go on.

20210708 205403

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
To the OP...I definitely think if you don't already have some power tools brand that you already own, that it is important to think through what you all want and keep the tools in the same brand and battery setup. I have these with me on virtually every ride I go on.

View attachment 282685

That mini saw is bad ass!!

Reactions: rtn001 and Hometeam
J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for a compact impact driver for changing tires? But they seem to powerful for the torque needed to remove/install. Is there one that the torque is adjustable? I think the Honda recommended torque specs are 80lbs?
The impact driver is nice for getting nuts off and quickly getting nuts down. In general, I usually final hand torque by feel and then throw on a torque wrench to check my work. Drive, have fun, then re-torque. After a while I can almost set the torque by feel, especially useful in the field. My mechanical experience is mostly building aircraft, so I tend towards process overkill.

M

MVH

Aug 29, 2018
MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They make torque sticks that look like a 6" 1/2 drive extension that limit the torque from an impact tool. I'm not sure if they make one for the exact torque but I think I remember seeing 100 lbs.-ft.

Reactions: rtn001
B

bs4u00

Mar 6, 2019
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed, get one that matches your other cordless tools. Then they all use the same batteries.
I have a variable speed Makita and it works great. Finish off with a torque wrench to know where you're at. If you don't already have a cordless drill, get a combo pack with as many tools as your budget allows. Impact, drill, sawzall, circular saw, etc.

Reactions: rtn001 and CID
SMS

SMS

Jul 9, 2017
Pine Mountain Club
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for a compact impact driver for changing tires? But they seem to powerful for the torque needed to remove/install. Is there one that the torque is adjustable? I think the Honda recommended torque specs are 80lbs?
Love my 3/8 drive RYOBI. Small light weight but powerful.......

Jmaxx1502

Jmaxx1502

Feb 7, 2021
Cocoa beach
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I bought the ryobi 3/8 and it couldn’t take off my lug nuts in any setting? Am I doing something wrong?

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I recently bought the Milwaukee M18 stubby. I chose it because I already have a M18 screw gun.

So far it's been impressive. Took the blade bolts of my Honda lawn tracor with no problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!