P1000m5 Best tie down points for the 77"x12' trailer.

C

Champion55

Supporting Member
May 23, 2021
OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently got a 1000-5 pioneer and I'm looking for the best straps/points to secure it to my trailer. I attached a couple pictures if anyone can chime in the best option that would be appreciated. I've looked through several photos of others but it seems they're all different because of the trailers used. I really would prefer not to use the Erickson Wheel Chock Tie-Down Kit but if it's my best option I can do that.

I used the red points when I took it home from the dealer. I didn't like this as it pulled the wheels outward.
I used the blue points to get it to the storage. It worked fine but that was only a 10 min ride with speed less than 50mph.
I used the yellow points when I trailered my golf cart back home. Didn't budge for 190 miles of interstate speed.

Trailer points

I'm looking at these straps since they should fit the holes on my trailer rails.

Vulcan

Reactions: Lady01 and Biteme
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I strap mine down basically the way the red are. However I strap to the frame. If you look underneath around where the a- arms attach to the frame you'll see a slot on each side in the frame . Underneath you can hook into that slot rather then a arms.

Reactions: Lady01 and Biteme
tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I second TumaloKeith. I had a nightmare losing straps on the highway until I switched to over the wheel tire bonnets. I highly recommend them and if you don't want to go as expensive as the tracks, you can always bolt some D-rings and some tire bonnets from harbor freight like I did. I only strap the rear wheels and connect the winch to the front without any tension on it as a failsafe.
If you don't want to go this route then I suggest the stretchy straps with carabiner style hooks that won't fall off under compression.

Reactions: Champion55
C

Champion55

Supporting Member
May 23, 2021
OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone. I'll go with the tire straps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!