BOX1

P500 Best Tire size to gain clearance and still fit in truck

C

crushing

Mar 14, 2021
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 520
Thank you upstater . Is that in front or back or both ?
Also that is with your 1” spacers installed already correct? You really have me leaning towards the same set up , kenda bear claws HTR 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 rear but without spacers . That sounds like it would put me about 51 1/2 “ and will still fit between truck wheel wells and get me about 1 1/2 to 2” more clearance. Only thing I want to look up is how much heavier the bear claws are vs the 2.0 bighorns
Thank you upstater . Is that in front or back or both ?

Reactions: Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Also that is with your 1” spacers installed already correct? You really have me leaning towards the same set up , kenda bear claws HTR 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 rear but without spacers . That sounds like it would put me about 51 1/2 “ and will still fit between truck wheel wells and get me about 1 1/2 to 2” more clearance. Only thing I want to look up is how much heavier the bear claws are vs the 2.0 bighorns
Where in New Mexico are you riding, southern flats or northern Rockies…..?

C

crushing

Mar 14, 2021
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 520
Where in New Mexico are you riding, southern flats or northern Rockies…..?
Hi , I live in Rio Rancho so rid a lot of sand on Mesa out here but do a lot of hunting in the mountains in both northern and southern New Mexico . So from in some areas a lot of sticky mud and in some areas very very rocky .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hi , I live in Rio Rancho so rid a lot of sand on Mesa out here but do a lot of hunting in the mountains in both northern and southern New Mexico . So from in some areas a lot of sticky mud and in some areas very very rocky .
Nice! We’re outside Las Vegas. Ever want to ride the Santa Fe national forest out our back gate, give a shout! And welcome to the club….😎

BTW, I’ve had my P5 on its side twice, do be careful going up without going out…👍

C

crushing

Mar 14, 2021
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 520
Nice! We’re outside Las Vegas. Ever want to ride the Santa Fe national forest out our back gate, give a shout! And welcome to the club….😎

BTW, I’ve had my P5 on its side twice, do be careful going up without going out…👍
Thank you Montecresto and if I get up that way I will let you know . Will be going to Pecos on camping trip in august and hoping to do something riding up there in national forest .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Thank you Montecresto and if I get up that way I will let you know . Will be going to Pecos on camping trip in august and hoping to do something riding up there in national forest .
You’re welcome. I can ride right over to the Pecos out my back gate….👍

Reactions: crushing
Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
Both front and rear are ~53.25-53.5". Those measurements are with the 1" spacers on the stock wheels and 26" Kenda BC HTR's. I took the machine out to my off camber stuff yesterday and the increased width was helpful. I also took the ASB off so there is definitely more body roll (makes sense) but the added width never really made the extra sway feel to "puckering". I got a better feel of the terrain and definitely more heads up or warning of any tilt/lean. My wife described the feeling with the ASB off as the whole machine feeling a little softer/wallowing but smoother like the rear suspension in the back was replaced. I can't ask for a better takeaway than that. The extra articulation really helps in the rocky/rooty slow speed riding that we do. And in case you do end up with 1" spacers, the standard coverage mudbusters front fenders are the perfect width. I had to make my own rear extensions but for now they work well. I just need to figure out a bit of an extended flap out back. The first pic shows how the mudbuster lines up with my front set up and then how much overhang there is in the rear without any additional fender.
20210619 111737

20210611 143407

Reactions: Splorin and trigger
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!