P500 Best way to clean the P500?

C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
I have my new 2017 P500 on its way, I live in Utah and get lots of snow and my neighborhood gets salted pretty heavily. I plan on using it for plowing however I want to avoid rust! Following all the advice on the forums I ordered the Frame Caps.
However I am concerned about cleaning the Hardcoat windshield (as the last windshield I got was scratched everywhere).
Any other ideas on how to clean to keep things from rusting?

Reactions: Jshell3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have my new 2017 P500 on its way, I live in Utah and get lots of snow and my neighborhood gets salted pretty heavily. I plan on using it for plowing however I want to avoid rust! Following all the advice on the forums I ordered the Frame Caps.
However I am concerned about cleaning the Hardcoat windshield (as the last windshield I got was scratched everywhere).

Power wash. Sucks in the winter though.

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Even for the windshields? I definitely don't want to scratch it like ones I've had in the past...
If windshield is NOT
GLASS.....it's gonna
scratch. ...

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
If windshield is NOT
GLASS.....it's gonna
scratch. ...
Not true as long as you don't get the nozzle right on it. I've power washed my windshield multiple times and there are zero scratches. I just keep the nozzle back a little and power wash both inside and outside.

Reactions: Isaiah and AlR
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not true as long as you don't get the nozzle right on it. I've power washed my windshield multiple times and there are zero scratches. I just keep the nozzle back a little and power wash both inside and outside.

Hitting it while it's still fresh helps too. Sometimes my brick masons get mortar on windows, if you let it dry and try to wash later, it will scratch the hell out of the glass. If it has dried, soak it down and let it sit for a bit first. That'll help.

Reactions: LandPioneer
C

Conter25

Jul 16, 2016
Utah
Do you just let it air dry? That way you don't scratch it with a towel? Or is microfiber ok?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do you just let it air dry? That way you don't scratch it with a towel? Or is microfiber ok?
The key is don't touch the windshield with any debris on it. If it has water spots I'll spray some cleaner and wipe it off with a squeegee. I've never scrubbed on it... I've had mine on for a few months and I've washed it 10+ times. It has been caked in mud and dust and no scratches yet...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Right, power washing doesn't hurt the Honda hard coat windshield.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Been power washing mine and using microfiber for over a year. No scratches.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Move to Arizona or wash after every use then wd40 the entire machine after washing .

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Would love to ...see pictures
of these ...un scratched. ..
Windshields...

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Would love to ...see pictures
of these ...un scratched. ..
Windshields...

Lol not sure why anyone would make it up but mine doesn't have scratches. How is that so unbelievable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol not sure why anyone would make it up but mine doesn't have scratches. How is that so unbelievable?

It's not....shrug.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Cause mines scratches. ..
you got a Gem..
pics...make ...model#

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
ZERO SCRATCHES
.... most definitely. .
I want one of...them

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wat I thought....
plastic windshield
...Scratch. ...
2 guys...say....ZERO
.....Really no pics..
hey this is...
The....Internet

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I bet some just use windex and paper towels and go to scrubbing at dried on mud...that's gonna leave a mark.
If I had a windshield. .that had zero
scratches. .I'd be showin...bragging
Pics or it never happened

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!