William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t tried those... But I have had the Noam systems, and they are awesome...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If you want the best then run away from Pyle, Boss, Noam and Rockwood. Not that they don't work and are fine for most listeners but you said the best. Buy some wake enclosures and load with the quality speaker of your choice. My 2c.

Reactions: Worse1 and TripleB
VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you want the best then run away from Pyle, Boss, Noam and Rockwood. Not that they don't work and are fine for most listeners but you said the best. Buy some wake enclosures and load with the quality speaker of your choice. My 2c.
Do you have some ones that you would recommend that will withstand the weather conditions that they will see? I understand that 4" is a compromise right off the bat.

Thanks, Steve

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just googled 4" speaker pods and a bunch of different ones popped up. As for the weather conditions they'll see, speakers are pretty resilient to water. You can soak them and they'll just dry out. I'd search for some with a rubber surround, probably take more of a beating.

Reactions: TripleB
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Polk's aren't bad, I have a couple of those in my system. I'm an Infinity guy myself, just depends who's ear I guess. But even someone with an untrained ear can tell that those cheap brands sound like sh**.

Agree totally,
The Polks and Infinity sound the best with an amplifier. I use Polk mainly because they are truly a marine - outdoor speaker that lasts.
And they have a reasonable price point, even for their better-best quality marine component speakers.

Reactions: trigger and TripleB
advertisement
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Being kinda of a stereo snob or a least used to be If you want really good sound either buy some pods and load them or build your own out of pvc and put a coaxial in it. I have not heard any utv specific that I would say sounded great. At least any under 6.5 inches. I used to build car stereos and design some home speakers and the infinity stuff for bolt in ready is not bad. I made a set of pods for a guy with 6inch pvc and a 5.25 infinity that sounded better than 6.5 ready made. I have not heard many of the really expensive ones though. I am talking the ones for 1500 to 2000 dollars but they blew away any under a $1000 and under. Cost was about 200. Polk stuff is pretty good JBL too. Stay away from pyle. They left out the rest of the name as pyle of %%%%%

Reactions: TripleB and trigger
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I spent a bunch of money once building motorcycle systems with Italian made Hertz speakers, which were supposed to be the gold standard in auto/audio components... I could never make them sound good.
I was lucky to resell all for about .85 on the dollar.
I always ended up going back to Polk, pounding them with a decent amp and they just work.
My infinity 6x9's saddlebag systems , although sounded great, couldn't take the heat and cooked out in a short amount of time. Same result with JBL GTO's. The Polk 6x9's never an issue. The little Polk 5.25's with an amp also rock. Polk's customer service and warranty policy is first rate.

20191102 174521

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've been playing with stereos since I was a kid. Built dozens of cobbled systems over the years. Then reached an age and income that i could afford to build what I wanted. Put together a system in a ZR2 Blazer that achieved my idea of perfection. Elaborate system with lots of pieces and parts but the heart of the system was Infinity Kappa component speakers and a RF power series amp. I've heard louder car stereos but never one as clean and clear as that one. For the many that heard it, it's the one that all others are measured from. My son still says it used to give him goose bumps when he heard it.
Owned that truck for about 15 yrs and got to the point I'd rarely drive it. But even after a month or two of not driving it, you'd take it somewhere and come back thinking damn!

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Most of the time the ones that sound loud dont sound good. Getting good volume and sound at the same time takes a little work. When I was into I even made my own crossovers but I was also going college for electrical engineering .Most people thought I was going to be an astronaut because I was taking up space. I will take good sound over pure volume any day.

68xlch

Nov 1, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I HAVE WETSOUNDS ULTRA HD STEALTH 10 ON ROLL BAR WITH THERE AS10 SUBWOOFER. SOUND IS INCREDIBLE

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!