P1000 Better than OEM fan blade?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello everyone. My P1K keeps breaking radiator fan blades. Is this common? When I hear it coming apart, I can finish tearing off the blade that's letting go, and then I tear off the opposing blade so it is fairly balanced until I can replace it. Does anyone know of quality aftermarket replacement, or possibly if a Yamaha/Polaris/Kawasaki?Can-Am blade would fit on the honda shaft? I see Spal has an aftermarket fan/motor available, but I don't need a motor, just the fan. (It's a pretty good amount of work involved to replace these little buggers!)

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello everyone. My P1K keeps breaking radiator fan blades. Is this common? When I hear it coming apart, I can finish tearing off the blade that's letting go, and then I tear off the opposing blade so it is fairly balanced until I can replace it. Does anyone know of quality aftermarket replacement, or possibly if a Yamaha/Polaris/Kawasaki?Can-Am blade would fit on the honda shaft? I see Spal has an aftermarket fan/motor available, but I don't need a motor, just the fan. (It's a pretty good amount of work involved to replace these little buggers!)
It's kinda common with high miles or maybe age. I just used OEM. I kinda wish I would've went the spal route. I made it to 9000 miles before mine went bad. I'm 70 miles shy of 12,000 miles now and it's still fine.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I don't normally tell someone to use the search function, I try to help but I don't have a Pioneer so I didn't bookmark the thread where this is discussed. There are several good solutions and work arounds if you can find the thread.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you going through water when these break or do you not do water that would contact the blade?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't normally tell someone to use the search function, I try to help but I don't have a Pioneer so I didn't bookmark the thread where this is discussed. There are several good solutions and work arounds if you can find the thread.
I have tried searching "broken fan blades" and didnt find much info. Should I be searching something else.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
what does it mean it keeps breaking, every 100 mies, every 1000 miles, etc..

obviously something else is wrong if its becoming routine for ya

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have tried searching "broken fan blades" and didnt find much info. Should I be searching something else.
Here's one thread about broken fan blades, post #6 has an aftermarket suggestion.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spal makes a replacement fan for the 2016-21 machines. It's a sealed motor and eliminates the need for a fan vent line. It moves more air and it's quieter than stock. The 2022 pioneer also has a new fan shroud and new fan. Both would be a good upgrade over stock.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Spal makes a replacement fan for the 2016-21 machines. It's a sealed motor and eliminates the need for a fan vent line. It moves more air and it's quieter than stock. The 2022 pioneer also has a new fan shroud and new fan. Both would be a good upgrade over stock.

Just know if you have to pull the grill and front plastics it is a royal PITA.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are you going through water when these break or do you not do water that would contact the blade?
Never ever through water. It's as if the blade can't take the heat and becomes soft and flimsy when hot.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
what does it mean it keeps breaking, every 100 mies, every 1000 miles, etc..

obviously something else is wrong if its becoming routine for ya
Every 5,000 miles or so. The last one I put only lasted about 15 months (3500 miles).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!