P500 beware the clutch adjustment screw

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
mine was cross threaded on the inside and when i went to adjust the screw split on the outside with very little effort the messed up end is from taking the nut off
20170313 120554

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
if it were only that easy lol plus its only a 6$ part lol
I go to a good dealer and they would give me one free they would make Honda pay for it.

Reactions: Biteme
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
its already being overnighted lol ( 3 day because of the storm)

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Mine was stuck in reverse and would not shift till it was restarted.Was thinking about adjusting the clutch.Lots of conflicting data out there.What is your method?Thank you Jak.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
well after i put the new screw on i turned it COUNTER clockwise until i felt it just starting to push on the clutch cam plate then i did 1/16th of a turn clockwise and tightened up the lock nut

F

Flurry

Nov 8, 2022
Newfoundland
Ownership

1. 500
i just unbolted it so i could slid it forward enough to get the drive shaft out
Thanks for the info. The reason I have to replace it now is because it broke while I was trying to adjust the clutch. I tried a full turn clockwise, and then I turned it back counterclockwise until I felt resistance. Then I went a quarter turn clockwise. After doing that, the bike would change gears but wouldn't move. In order to get the bike to move even a little, I had to turn the screw counterclockwise against the resistance. Then the bike would move, but very little. Any ideas as to why?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!