P1000 Big tires rob power

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ty . Is there a specific brand of forward arched arms you would recommend ?
I see that super atv has 1.5” offset forward arched arms. But it says 29” is max wheel height. Are you running these arms with 30s? And since the wheels are 14 did you also have to add the spacer?

Reactions: Lady01
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run 27s. My buddy put 29s on his machine and hates them. He lost way too much power and has a hard time on some of our rougher trails. We ride at 8000’-14000’.
Ive never understood why so many guys put on huge tires and have to deal with rubbing and power lose just so they look cool? I look at them and think they didn’t think through their decision very well. I guess if you ride on nice groomed trails it doesn’t matter. We don’t have those in CO.

depends on where you ride geologically.
Those that only have swamps to ride in, only have desert, only have altitude, etc...; all set their machines up for where they ride. Just because you don’t need a setup doesn’t mean someone else does. Personally I wouldn’t own a SxS if all I had to ride in was mud/swamp, too much cleaning.
There are ways around the power loss but it’s just more money.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see that super atv has 1.5” offset forward arched arms. But it says 29” is max wheel height. Are you running these arms with 30s? And since the wheels are 14 did you also have to add the spacer?
Actually 28”

Reactions: Lady01
D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you have to do the arched a arms on front and back for larger tire clearance ?
No, they're stock A arms. No lift either. You can see in this pic where the close clearance is, directly in back of the front tire.

Pioneer 003

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not riding groomed trails, I live in Missouri so we have some good rocky terrain in places. I went to Windrock last year and it would have been nice to have a little more clearance and a smoother ride than the 27s. I run on the road some too.
I really appreciate all of the responses. This is a great forum for information.

B

Billbo

Dec 28, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I measured my stock tires at 14 psi and they stand only 24.5”. That being said if you terabytes are much closer to that 28” mark you’ve actual running a much bigger tire then you thought compared to the stock tire.

Reactions: Lady01 and Shelly

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!