P1000 Bilge fan wiring

E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have mounted a bilge fan over the motor and now need to get the wiring to the switch on the dash and to the battery. I would like to follow the existing wiring, but it appears that I will have to remove part of the front floorboard to get this done. Is their an easier way? I will have just an on/off Otrattw switch mounted to the dash. Any help or pictures would be appreciated.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have mounted a bilge fan over the motor and now need to get the wiring to the switch on the dash and to the battery. I would like to follow the existing wiring, but it appears that I will have to remove part of the front floorboard to get this done. Is their an easier way? I will have just an on/off Otrattw switch mounted to the dash. Any help or pictures would be appreciated.
No you can follow existing wires all the way forward but you'll need to drop the skid plate. Up towards front make sure they are zip tied tight and away from drive shaft as it's close.

JLH

JLH

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2016
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a piece of stiff wireor a coat hanger like a fishtape to pull my wiring where i want it.
I did the same, made up a bundle of wires in auto conduit, followed the air intake on the passenger side to the top of the gas tank. No sense in pulling wires everytime you add something.

Reactions: GlockMeister
E

Erick

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Rochester
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Cummingspusher and GlockMeister for the tips. I did use both tips to install the wiring for the bilge fan. I have the fan installed and everything works as planned. Haven't been on a long ride yet to test if the fan makes a big difference, but with the insulation that I have installed under the seat and the cover for the shifter holes plus the fan I think it should be good to go. It's getting colder in Minnesota and I may want the heat pretty soon.

Reactions: GlockMeister

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!