Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 Pioneer 1000
I want to install a toggle switch so I can turn the fan on when I want.

Does anyone know which is the trigger wire from the PCM to the fan control unit?
There are 2 possibilities from what I can tell.
  • One is marked FanC terminal A22 at PCM.
and marked relay terminal A1 at the control unit.
  • The other is Fan-Return terminal A33 at PCM and marked Lock on the fan control unit terminal A4.
  • Also would like to know if the PCM sends a positive or negative signal and the voltage sent to the Control unit.
  • I suspect that it may be terminal A22 FanC terminal If C stands for control.
  • The A33 fan return may be a feedback line.
  • I could open up wiring and do a functioning test to try and figure it out but thought there would be someone on here that could save me a lot of time. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you look in the club store above you can find a pre made switch that might take the headache out of the wiring. I bought one but never got around to installing it after I had my computer reflashed on my '18. Might be worth checking out.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you look in the club store above you can find a pre made switch that might take the headache out of the wiring. I bought one but never got around to installing it after I had my computer reflashed on my '18. Might be worth checking out.
Yes thank you. I am aware of this nice-looking product. I want to try and do it this way because it could be a simple add-on. (1 rocker switch and a couple feet of wire) It wouldn't completely bypass the original system ( which is a good idea) but it would use the original system and be able to manually turn the fan on.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!