P1000 Bleeding brakes

R

Ryan07

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So just did portals and new brake lines on my 2016 1000 pioneer. In what order should I bleed the brakes would it be right rear then left rear then right front then left front ? Opening up the bleeder one at a time and working my way towards the master cylinder? Thanks in advance!

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't speak specific to the Pioneer but I would imagine it's a similar process to any other mechanical brake system. When you bleed brakes, you start with the brake assembly furthest from the master cylinder and work your way to the one closest to the master cylinder.

Unless you have an attachment on your bleeder screw (available at most auto stores), it's usually a two-person job. One person will pump the brakes several times and then hold the pedal down. The other person opens up the bleeder screw to let the air and fluid mixture out. Be sure to tighten up the bleeder screw before the person releases the brake pedal so air is not sucked back into the line you're attempting to bleed.

Repeat that process until just fluid comes out of the line. Then, move on to the next bleeder screw that's the furthest away from the master cylinder. Also, keep tabs on the master cylinder so that you don't run it dry in an attempt to remove air from the brake lines. If that happens, you're going to have to start all over.

Jerry B.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So just did portals and new brake lines on my 2016 1000 pioneer. In what order should I bleed the brakes would it be right rear then left rear then right front then left front ? Opening up the bleeder one at a time and working my way towards the master cylinder? Thanks in advance!
Welcome from Michigan!

Bleed them like a car. Best to have someone to help, either in the machine pumping or opening the bleeder till the air is out.

Its your first post and no intro....
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN! ;)

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is it easier to just use a vacuum pump instead of asking a wife or kid who would rather be doin something else?

Reactions: Smitty335