P1000 2021 brakes squealing bad

C

Chunks21pioneer

Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 1000-5 that has 250 miles on it and my brakes are squealing pretty bad, I haven’t looked into it yet just seeing what it could be. I wouldn’t think that the brakes should be even close to be worn out. Ride on dirt roads and in creeks, not a lot of mud. I have 32” tires with a arm kit on it.

R

rickoshea

mine were squealing bad a couple days ago.it's been months since my last pad change.turned out to be mud/pebbles dried on to the caliper from me not driving it for quite a while.i usually get around 300 km's out of a set of aftermarket pads and that's with me driving mostly in mt mode.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, they collect a lot of dirt and small rocks. Are they squealing full-time or only on braking? If it's squealing full-time, you may have a wheel bearing washed out of grease with all your creek running. In that case, get yourself a bearing greaser, best tool you'll ever buy for this machine.

You can do a really fast and easy disassembly / reassembly on these brakes if you just remove the caliper/piston piece and leave the rest of the brake assembly in place. A couple of 12mm bolts and you can pop the pads right out and inspect around them.

C

Chunks21pioneer

Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, they collect a lot of dirt and small rocks. Are they squealing full-time or only on braking? If it's squealing full-time, you may have a wheel bearing washed out of grease with all your creek running. In that case, get yourself a bearing greaser, best tool you'll ever buy for this machine.

You can do a really fast and easy disassembly / reassembly on these brakes if you just remove the caliper/piston piece and leave the rest of the brake assembly in place. A couple of 12mm bolts and you can pop the pads right out and inspect around them.
Only when I brake, I’m going to take it apart this weekend and take a look.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!