P1000 Brakes squeaking at 200 miles

GoinForARip

GoinForARip

Jan 2, 2021
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all! We are about 200 excellent miles into our brand new 2021 Pioneer 1000-5, and the brakes have started to squeak. I was a bit surprised to already hear them going, but maybe I shouldn’t be?

We did do lots of creek crossings and muddy trails. Does doing this absolutely destroy brake pads?
Any advice on changing the pads, and how to prolong their life are much appreciated!

Also wondering about a link to the best brake pads available from Amazon?

Thank you to all of you! Happy riding 😎

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello all! We are about 200 excellent miles into our brand new 2021 Pioneer 1000-5, and the brakes have started to squeak. I was a bit surprised to already hear them going, but maybe I shouldn’t be?

We did do lots of creek crossings and muddy trails. Does doing this absolutely destroy brake pads?
Any advice on changing the pads, and how to prolong their life are much appreciated!

Also wondering about a link to the best brake pads available from Amazon?

Thank you to all of you! Happy riding 😎
Use your paddle shifters to down shift when you wanna slow down. Even in auto you can use your paddles to upshift and downshift. I doubt at 200 miles your brakes are gone unless you ride with your foot on the brake.

GoinForARip

GoinForARip

Jan 2, 2021
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also don't think they are worn. probably just dirty. I barely use my brakes. That's what gears are for. What part of BC you from?
I’m on Vancouver Island. So I should probably remove the wheels and clean the pads? Thank you 😊

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m on Vancouver Island. So I should probably remove the wheels and clean the pads? Thank you 😊
I'm in the Okanagan. Mine will squeal a little but has aways gone away after using them. If it is really squealing or grinding you may have a rock caught up in the caliper/rotor. Other than that I would just drive it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!