P1000 Blink Code 13

D

DDDonkey

Hello all, I just got the blink code of 1 long and 3 fast as my pioneer won't stay running. Doing my research here on this awesome forum it looks like the rear fuel injector plug is bad. My question is while I have it apart should I replace both plugs or just the rear one? I ordered 2 pigtails from the forum store so that I have a spare, but then got to thinking has anyone had a problem with the from injector plug?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, I just got the blink code of 1 long and 3 fast as my pioneer won't stay running. Doing my research here on this awesome forum it looks like the rear fuel injector plug is bad. My question is while I have it apart should I replace both plugs or just the rear one? I ordered 2 pigtails from the forum store so that I have a spare, but then got to thinking has anyone had a problem with the from injector plug?
Do em both is my recommendation.
Chances are one is fine. But there has been a few reports of a code 12. You are in there, and it is only an extra 5 minutes worth of work.

Reactions: Lady01 and sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The way I see it is having a spare is nice. But not exactly a repair I would want to do trailside. Especially seeing I don't typically keep a butane soldering iron in my kit.

Reactions: Lady01 and sharp
Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No code. But confused on clogged or wiring. I've soaked and sprayed injectors. Seem to get better then back again. Has a sputter from exhaust.

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
No code. But confused on clogged or wiring. I've soaked and sprayed injectors. Seem to get better then back again. Has a sputter from exhaust.
I would check that rear injector. Very common the will wires break yet still make connection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would check that rear injector. Very common the will wires break yet still make connection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
will it be enough connection to run. But run rough. It has had this before. Dealer fixed it once. They said it was clogged injector then a broken wire. But didn't say what wire. Makes me curious if they replaced the plug already.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
will it be enough connection to run. But run rough. It has had this before. Dealer fixed it once. They said it was clogged injector then a broken wire. But didn't say what wire. Makes me curious if they replaced the plug already.
Yup!
When it happened to me (link above) I rode for over an hour without a single issue before it happened again. I just limped it home. @DDDonkey uploaded a video to his youtube showing his broken wire as well. The parts are cheap enough to just replace both out of your pocket and move on. They are easily/readily available thanks to @Hondasxs sourcing some and selling them on our forum store. When it happened to me, it was far and few between to find replacement plugs.

Reactions: Lady01 and Mudwing
advertisement
Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup!
When it happened to me (link above) I rode for over an hour without a single issue before it happened again. I just limped it home. @DDDonkey uploaded a video to his youtube showing his broken wire as well. The parts are cheap enough to just replace both out of your pocket and move on. They are easily/readily available thanks to @Hondasxs sourcing some and selling them on our forum store. When it happened to me, it was far and few between to find replacement plugs.
Ok. Thanks I'll have to get them ordered then

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it ordered. Praying this works out. Thanks for the help as well.
It is a really easy repair.
Remove the seat back and plastic between seats for best access.
The video shows the best way for the most access to the injectors.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is interesting.
Pull the spark arrester and idle again?
I've heard of the cloging and affecting the engine.
It does sound like a miss though.

advertisement