JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys,

Been a little cooler here than normal so got me thinking about block heaters, antifreeze heater etc. Anyone set one up? I looked at one type that is magnetic, but being aluminum block..... saw nuther one for a tractor, was an inline antifreeze heater... too big. Any suggestions appreciated.

jrc

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'd use something like this if I was going that route...you know it definitely will not hurt;)
IMG 5776

Reactions: Remington
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Heated garage. :D

Compact tractors still have much bigger hoses than the P500. Finding something to fit will be a challenge. Maybe finding something to neck out to the larger diameter then back down? I think they need to go on lower hose and close enough for convection.

For quicker warm-ups, maybe the old partial block the radiator trick. I can't say I've done that since the 70's though. ;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Agreed! Nothing quite like a heated garage to keep your baby warm;) My old crew used to have trouble with the cold...Used an old tarp to drape over engine compartment and used multiple electrical utility style heaters. Had I kept it, I would have addressed the issue. Its -20 below today in North Central North Dakota I think it will be a good day to test the Beast! lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!